Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My first blend! I did it
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2008 05:40PM

Yeah! Yippee I took the plunge and pulled out my Bosch Universal, and blended a drink!

I took 1 very ripe banana, 1/2 apple, 1 stalk celery and a handful of fresh spinach. I did need to add 1 cup water.

It tastes pretty good. I have a 20 oz cup and it made probably 16 or 18 oz. It looks green, and I can taste the banana and hint of greens.

I had some kale, but chickened out on adding it since it seems like I've read a few either like or don't and I wanted to make sure I'd try it again and not have something to bitter.

Would it be going overboard on the first day to make another smoothie at lunch and dinner?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My first blend! I did it
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 05, 2008 11:52AM

HEY!! rkcrafter!

your enthusiasm is INFECTIOUS!

ha ha.. that made me smile and happy reading that post

i am sure your smoothie tasted absolutely deeelish!

it IS exciting, isn't it? to make your first smoothie

i remember the first time someone introduced me to juicing, that VERY day, i ran and got myself a juicer, and started juicing and glugging away and have not stopped since

i don't think its going overboard to make another smoothie for lunch and dinner

you are doing your digestive system a favor by having all the nutrients pre digested and ready to just go to work for you

HAPPY SMOOTHIE ADVENTURES!!

u RAWCKK!

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 05, 2008 08:49PM

Hi rkcrafter, congrats on your first blending! Do not fear the greens like kale, in smoothies....usually the fruit will cover any bitter taste. i blend tons of greens each day (including dandelion greens) and mine almost never taste bitter.

...I say "almost never" because I've started a shopping day tradition now of blending all of my remaining fruits and greens before I go shopping so that I have more room in the fridge. cucumbers, pears, grapes, kiwis, kale, dandelion...whatever won't be fresh in the next day or so goes in! Occasionally one of these "week in review" smoothies will have a bite to it, but I love it all!

most importantly, have fun!

Greg

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 07, 2008 05:50AM

yeah the main ingredient truly is

F
U
N

otherwise, what IS the point if u can't have fun and enjoy your lifestyle?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables