Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

just a quick question
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 09, 2008 07:50PM

i just purchased this maxximum blender that has 2hp and was wondering if i could use it for juicing. i dont know if this is possible, but would like to save money if possible. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: just a quick question
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 10, 2008 04:36PM

depends on how much of a juice you want your juice to be

if its thick and has all the fiber and u don't mind a smoothie, then go for it

u can dilute by adding other juices or water

u can also strain using a strainer

or u can just drink it as is if your goal is to have a meal in liquid form

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: February 10, 2008 06:51PM

volcomchick8797

Juicers juice..Blenders blend..Food processors slice & shred foods..

Expecting one tool to do what another tool is designed for is unfair, both to the tool itself, & to yourself..

As la_veronique has stated you can make a very liquid smoothie, but this is not juice..

Juice, by the commonly accepted definition to be found on most raw foods forums, will be the liquid constituent portion of a fruit or vegetable, WITHOUT the fiber portion of the same food..

A raw foodist may be able to remove the fiber from the juice of a fruit or vegetable that has been liquefied by a blender by straining out the pulp through a fine meshed cloth, or wire mesh strainer..Realize that the longer that the straining process takes, the more of the goodness from the enzymes that will be lost as they oxidize in the air while the straining process is undergoing..

If your goal is easily obtained juices with their maximum enzyme content then a juicer will need to be a part of your kitchen..

All of the major tools in the raw foodists kitchen have specific usages..Expecting one tool to perform another's speciality often results in disappointment in the outcome of the final food product, as well as appliance failure due to misuse..

Check out my older posts for more detailed info..

Hope this helps

Bruce

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 13, 2008 02:51AM

thanks. that does make sense to just strain the blended item, but wouldnt want to loose any enzymes though. i will check out your old posts though....thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables