Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Magic Bullet
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 09, 2008 05:47AM

Got one? How do you like it? It seems like it would be really handy to bring to work. I don't have/watch television, so I'm assuming this is an infomercial product. (I saw someone on YouTube using one.) I'd love to know what those who have one think of it!

It ain't a VitaMix, I'm sure, but is it worth owning?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Magic Bullet
Date: March 09, 2008 06:11AM

Hey Keith,

I don't have a magic bullet but I do have a Tribest Personal Blender (which is similar in concept and cost) and it's awesome!

The magic bullet seems to get very mixed reviews.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: March 09, 2008 01:09PM

I don't have it either, but have heard great things about it. Like you said, excellent to take places instead of packing the big huge vitamix. I may invest in one to take to the Keys in a couple of weeks, thanks for the reminder winking smiley

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 14, 2008 12:01AM

I've had the Magic Bullet for about a week now, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I don't know if I will. All the reviews I read are 50% good, 50% bad. Same with the Tribesta.

I've decided to stick with my regular blender for now and return the Magic Bullet. I'll look into blenders, etc., once I get moved and life slows down a bit for me.

Posted by: Lollipop ()
Date: March 25, 2008 02:39PM

I own the Tribest personal blender and love it. It doesn't make smooth sauces out of nuts, but it can make frozen fruit smoothies, and comes with lids to store it in, or a sippy lid if you want to take it in the car with you. This is the second one I bought - my mother-in-law liked mine so much, I gave her my first one! It also comes with a grinding blade that is perfect for small quantities of flax or nuts, and works well.

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: March 26, 2008 06:27PM

I've been using one at work, and it's absolutely great!! The only minus I've seen is it tends to leak a bit, but it's not drastic, and it's easy to clean up.

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: March 26, 2008 11:36PM

I was contemplating getting a Magic Bullet but after I posed the same questions back in November, 2007 and reviewing the feedback I decided against it.

Patty

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:43PM

I have used one,and its great.You can make a smoothy and the blending container instantly becomes your glass to drink from.Not alot of capacity,but for single servings it seems to work great.

Date: April 07, 2008 06:06PM

I had it for a while, but it was not really anything to write home about. As someone had commented earlier, it would be okay for work or juicing that you would need quickly. I would invest in something else.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: April 08, 2008 09:49PM

Is the juicer attachment that comes with the Magic Bullet any good? I read reviews that it performs poorly and is not worth using.

Posted by: selfpete ()
Date: June 07, 2008 09:47AM

I've owned two magic bullets. I think you're better off getting a good OSTER blender (most not all oster blenders blade attachment fits snugly onto a standard mason jar).

The magic bullet is very difficult to clean
The plastic mugs (ugh plastic) have the reinforced ribs on the inside making them nearly impossible to clean thoroughly
The mugs break easy

hope that helps

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: June 07, 2008 01:51PM

I think this one looks better. There's also a video.
[www.personalblender.com]

Posted by: selfpete ()
Date: June 07, 2008 04:35PM

can someone with a oster beehive blender tell me if the blade assembly fits on a mason jar? I know my cheaper blender does ok, but I want to be sure before I buy the beehive smiling smiley thanks in advance

Date: June 10, 2008 11:19PM

I have used a friend's Magic Bullet for a few days and I decided to buy a Tribest personal blender instead and I am very happy with it. Found the Magic Bullet to be a big bother, it got too hot and didn't handle the load.

Date: June 13, 2008 05:45PM

I have one. It is great and is everything as advertised. However, it is not durable. Buy it at Walgreens or Costco so you could refund/exchange it if you bought a lemon. Don't get it off the infomercial. I have already exchanged mine twice.

I would be willing to pay more for it if it were made in the usa or germany or japan as a high quality item that will last a lifetime rather than a piece of crap made in china by slave labor working for 2 bucks a day.

Posted by: dinobambino ()
Date: June 14, 2008 01:42AM

someone gave me a back to basics blender express that I'm loving and have been using extensively for the past 2 weeks while recovering from a jaw surgery (mouth wired shut) liquid diet. It's very easy to clean and awesome for one person. It's alot cheaper than the magic bullet so maybe not as durable, but so far so good

Posted by: leafeater ()
Date: June 18, 2008 04:17AM

I love my bullet and it makes the perfect amount so that my smoothies are always fresh, never any leftovers. I have not had any problems with it (touch wood), I've made thick dips and ground nuts with great success. I use it a minimum of 4 times a day. I did notice that it is a little harder to clean, but that seems so minor for all its benefits.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: June 20, 2008 03:04AM

can you grind flax seeds into a fine powder? or coconut flakes?

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 22, 2008 03:45AM

Mira -- yes.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: June 22, 2008 08:44PM

cool!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables