Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is there a Juicer/Blender combo worth buying?
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 17, 2008 04:10PM

Rather than spending beaucoup bucks on a blender AND a juicer, is there a decent machine that does both? I admit upfront that I've not done any research on this, yet. Life is crazy for me right now!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is there a Juicer/Blender combo worth buying?
Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: March 17, 2008 04:31PM

i too would love to know about a similar contraption.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: March 17, 2008 05:48PM

I doubt it, they do such different things. Where is baltochef? He is the one that has all the knowledge about it - he helped me tremendously with my purchase of the vitamix. Not sure he even knows that. But there is a thread that he and La_Veronique do a lot of discussing about differences, advantages, disadvantes, prices, etc. That entire thread provides some great insight to the products available, and I am 99% sure you couldn't get quality if combing both techniques. Nor is it possible, is it??

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: March 17, 2008 05:51PM

The thread I was thinking of was "so confused" I think, although there were others right around that time frame that were going that were really helpful to decide what to buy. For me it was simple once I sifted through the jargon and realized what my own needs were/are. I am eventually going to get a REALlY good juicer, but not for a bit. I am still paying my vitamix off and so far have been more than pleased with it!

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: March 17, 2008 06:07PM

The short answer is NO..

A blender & a juicer are two entirely different tools with juicers falling into different classes where the different types of juicers perform quite differently from one another..

A quality kitchen appliance should last for decades if not abused..A single expensive appliance will cost less per day of ownership than will several less expensive ones that wear out due to not being up to the standards of the intended usage..

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 17, 2008 07:08PM

The short answer is NO..

Works for me. I'm partial to chefs and take their advice regularly.

A quality kitchen appliance should last for decades if not abused..

Quality being the key word. The ones I've tried have all been rubbish and needed replacing within two years. That didn't stop them from charging an arm and a leg, though. Will have to look in past posts to see which juicer you, baltochef recommend. I love juice and couldn't live without it. I tend to drink more than I eat.

Thank you both!

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 17, 2008 09:47PM

Maybe juicers are not that efficient, they cannot break the fiber and release the phytochemicals, the new trend is to blend with a high speed blender and use a press

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: March 18, 2008 03:21AM

I currently own a centrifugal juicer, the Breville Juice Fountain Elite..I seldom find myself using it..I originally purchased a Greenstar 3000, never used it, & returned it for a refund..

My experience with juicers is limited & I'm not the best person to ask for a recommendation..

That being said, I believe that both juices & smoothies have their place in the lexicon of foods for raw foodists, especially those transitioning..

Good Luck!!

Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2008 03:23AM by baltochef.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables