Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Craving juice...can I drink too much?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 04, 2008 05:00PM

I'm guilty of being on a SAD diet. I know it's gross, at the same time my life is so hectic and I have a large family I know would would not go for a meatless, mostly raw food diet so I will save the agony of constant failure and just strive to eat as healthfully as I can.

In addition to the junk I eat, I'm starting to really crave fresh fruit and vegetable juices. I have a Champion juicer that is several years old but still works good. I have been buying 20 pound bags of organic carrots and mixing and matching those with apples (I got in a habit of always putting an apple in), pineapples, cantaloupes, oranges, lemons and limes, celery, mangoes, grapes (I try to wash them as good as I can), and whatever else looks interesting.

It seems like I can drink about a half gallon or more a day. I just wonder if this is overdoing it? Or is it not possible to overdo it?

In spite of the junk I eat, it seems like my skin is a little softer and I feel better, though this could just be my imagination.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Craving juice...can I drink too much?
Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: April 05, 2008 02:08AM

it's not your imagination, you're getting the nutrition from the food directly. A half gallon wont over due it. drink as much as you can afford i say!
try juice fasting once a week and you'll start feeling even better. but drink as much as you need if you do fast on it.

Date: April 05, 2008 11:50PM

I'd like to do a juice fast, thing is, I'm breastfeeding a 9-month-old right now.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 08, 2008 08:47AM

hi motorcycle mama

good for you that you are doing your best to get good nutrients despite the fact that you are not totally satisifed with your diet

just taking ANY steps to go towards the direction u wish to actually builds momentum

a lot of the time your cells and your subconscious just takes over thinking

" geeez. if i'm drinking all these juices and its good for my cells.. maybe i should just continue to INCREASE good things to better my health..."

continue doing what u can to take great care of yourself

Date: April 14, 2008 03:33AM

I'm glad to read this post. I've wondered if I drink too much juice too but I love juice and feel so good after drinking it. Nice to know I'm not the only one!
Ann

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables