Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

laxatives when juice feasting???
Posted by: claire ()
Date: April 21, 2008 02:08PM

Hi all

Am just about to start a juice cleanse, not sure how long for just yet.

Just wondering....do you use laxatives or salt flushes when you juice feast???

Have never done this before so all tips appreciated!

Thanks

Claire

smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: laxatives when juice feasting???
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 21, 2008 04:40PM

For a thorough 'Flush' and 'Detox', I'd recommend Oxy-Powder during
a long Juice Feast. It's the perfect time to really Cleanse your Body.
Trying to let your Diet be the cleanser, only works to a point. Better
to Detoxify first, then start the Healthy Diet without wavering.....WY

[www.oxypowder.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 25, 2008 02:26AM

I have used psylium,bentonite,herbs,senna tea, salt.

elnatural

Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: May 27, 2008 06:49PM

i'm a little late on this thread but.....Angela Stokes recommends Cascara Sagrada, but doesn't say for how long...most things I have read say not to take longer than 7-10 days.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 27, 2008 08:05PM

Ann Wigmore recommended Enemas and Wheatgrass Juice Implants at her Clinic when her patients were on a 3-day Wheatgrass Juice Fast. It's too much for me. I don't think you'd need anything unless you're terribly Constipated......WY

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 29, 2008 01:55AM

i've done one, three, seven, ten and 21 day juice fasts- and never needed an enema or laxative during that time. usually my body would have small but soft stools (excellent for post-baby recovery) during the times i wasn't eating, but since there was not a lot of waste, little was passed after the first few days. my husband did a 40 day juice fast and by the end was quite cleaned out- after eating again it took a while for his system to jump back into solids.

so, a laxative or enema could help you feel lighter faster- but i don't think it's necessary at all- juice gives you plenty of fiber and fluids to keep your bowels working- esp if you're doing lots of green juices and/or carrot juices (carrots became too hard on my system and apple juice would give my husband stomach aches- too sweet)

peace-

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: May 29, 2008 05:15AM

Depends what you're doing. There's a difference between "Fasting" and "Feasting". The difference is "feasting" people usually eat or blend which means they're still consuming fiber to clean out.

I "Fast" (not feast) and I do lax tea at night and SWF in the mornings.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 31, 2008 01:39AM

hi

magnesium citrate which is available in 8 oz. powder form from now nutrition is an excellent way to evacuate the bowel. you may recognize the name or know it by those "little green bottles" of liquid you can buy at the drugstore in the laxative section.

not only does it evacuate the bowels but it gives a viable chelate of magnesium easy for our bodies to assimilate. a little extra mag won't hurt you. i balance it out by tandem buying a jar of calcium citrate from the same company so that way i can manage the extraneous balance between cal and mag which a considered to be " team" of minerals as are sodium and potassium and many other of the minerals.

i'm just finsishing up day two of a juice fast ...i will probably do some of the magnesium citrate tomorrow. i'm not too fond of enemas because of the uncomfortable feeling i get afterwards... it feels like some of the water is still in there.

anyways..hope that helps,

juicin' john

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables