Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Greenstar question
Posted by: LaPieta ()
Date: May 04, 2008 05:02PM

Hi everyone I'm back.
My uncle just found out he has cancer. I'm looking into Gerson therapy. They recommend the Norwalk, or the Champion with a separate press. But I'd rather have him get the Greenstar than a Champion if it will work with a separate press. The Gerson people say that ground carrots & apples etc must be mixed together BEFORE being pressed (due to chemical reactions that occur) and that there's no way to do that with a greenpower.

They say that the Greenpower doesn't have a way to grind without juicing, so there's no way to take the ground results out and then press it. But both the greenpower and greenstar say they have a homogenizing blank, which makes me think that you could just grind and then manually press.

Anyone know for sure if you can simply grind with the greenstar? (And then press the ground result separately).

Thanks to all you gurus and yogis in advance...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greenstar question
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 04, 2008 05:34PM

LaPieta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi everyone I'm back.
Nice to have you back. This Post of yours
brings up some interesting issues.

> My uncle just found out he has cancer. I'm looking
> into Gerson therapy. They recommend the Norwalk,
> or the Champion with a separate press.
From someone who has been through it, I'd
say forget the Press Juicers (Norwalk and K&K). They're
too difficult to use, plus the juice has to be pressed
through a Nylon Mesh. I found it left a 'taste' in the
juice......WY

Date: May 04, 2008 06:01PM

Thanks WG, nice to be back.
I've seen hemp/cotton bags, maybe these would work?
The pressing does seem like a lot of work for someone who is tired and ill.

Date: May 04, 2008 06:53PM

LaPieta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks WG, nice to be back.
> I've seen hemp/cotton bags, maybe these would
> work?
I spoke with the President of Norwalk
Juicers (years ago now),and he said they use to make
a cotton bag (and cloths), but the Fruit Acids dissolved
the material, so they went to a food-grade Nylon.

> The pressing does seem like a lot of work for
> someone who is tired and ill.
Also for someone who isn't.....WY

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 05, 2008 03:38PM

hi

the green star certainly will grind and press for you with apples and carrots.

first you use the homogenizing blank for grinding both carrots and apples together in same bowl.

let the mixture set for 15 min. or so and then after the malic acid in the apples helps to release the calcium in the carrots. at least that is the gerson reasoning behind the process they recommend.

gerson has been sold to an outside company and the people who run it now are obviously not up to speed on their juicing information.

i saqw a video of charlotte gerson making carrot apple in the greenpower juicer several years ago. the entire video was part of a raw and wild cable tv broadcast. the video shows charlotte gerson watching the carrot apple being made in a greenstar and she samples the juice and everything.

i know that gerson has been with the norwalk people for along time. charlotte gerson is a real stickler for not changing anything in the therapy her father dr. max gerson invented.

the answer is yes you can make gerson style carrot apple combination with the green star.

here is another good point... the green star allows one to make the green juices in the gerson therapy evan better and easier than the norwalk. the norwalk is really a burdensome task to juice with it.

hope that helps you.

jj

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 05, 2008 03:45PM

i forgot to say what to do with the carrot apple mic after it set for 15 min. or so.....

spoon the apple carrot combination back into the machine and run it through again and you have the most delicious apple carrot blend. it goes throught he second tiem very nicely. be sure to adjustr the pulp adjusting know to the middle setting. too much pressure may cause the juice to back up a little in the feeding chute.

jj

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 05, 2008 09:30PM

<<malic acid in the apples helps to release the calcium in the carrots. at least that is the gerson reasoning behind the process they recommend. >>

i hate to say this but i must
this is RIDICULOUS!! ( with all due respects to the gerson people)

all this grinding, pressing through a sieve cloth etc.

if you want calcium, just ADD calcium rich stuff to it that doesn't need the mali acid in the carrots to help out

kale is the king of calcium
broccoli is also rich in calcium

broccoli is very mild too

kale is rich in chlorophyll

what are these people thinking??????

besides if a person has cancer

chlorophyll... not sugar laden hybridized carrot juice... is one of the BEST THINGS for them

to restore the integrity of the cells

you are right

someone dealing with cancer doesn't want to spend their entire day grinding and pressing through sieve clothes for meager amounts of juice

and like WY says. one can probably taste the cloth chemicals etc.

there is something profoundly wrong with this picture

greenstar does an excellent job with the juice making

especially the greens

if u want carrots, cut it up in pieces

if u want apples, don't do too many apples cuz it will get sloshy

but like i said

chlorophyll is what he needs

not sugar sugar sugar

maybe sugar when he is better and not in the "red light"

maybe sugar when he is hale and healthy

but right now

they need to infuse his blood with the greens

know what i mean?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 05, 2008 10:36PM

Unhulled Sesame seeds are the true king of calcium.

I have a self modified KK press. No taste ever from the cloth even with the lightest tasting of juices. I have used many juicers and this produces the most juice and of any. Perfectly dry cardboard like pulp. And with the new press I have invented and tested it's output is 1 quart of juice in under 3O seconds! Will be on my web site soon.

elnatural

Date: May 05, 2008 10:51PM

elnatural_1 Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
> And with the new press I have invented
> and tested it's output is 1 quart of juice in
> under 3O seconds! Will be on my web site soon.
El...I'd like to see the new Press you've
invented.....WY

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2008 01:39AM

WY
Everyone will see the press at the same time when it goes to market. I have a grinder desinged but not made yet.

I just confirnmed by way of a second hand clock 1 quart of juice in less than 30 seconds. I can make more than 1 gallon of juice in one hour from start to cleanup. Though you are not supposed to be able to keep juice for more than 12 hours I have done it for 24 hours!

So you guys with your greenstar and other plastic juices why do you think they are not toxic?! Just becuase you can't taste them?! We are talking about parts per million or billion and less as being toxic! Can you taste that?!

Why not try to change something that isnt working?! What about natural materials like hemp,flax and cotton canvas?!

takes brains! sad smiley

elnatural

Posted by: greensatva ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:52AM

Hey!

I'm also considering buying a Greenstar; it slowly presses green leafy vegetables, especially wheatgrass, which would oxidise and depreciate in nutritional value using juicers with sharp, fast blades. However, Greenstar costs an arm, a leg and a Kidney! Lol! I won't be able to buy one until I'm earning my own money! (a year or 2 from now...sad smiley )

Cancer is a deficiency disease caused by the lack of the vitamin B 17, in the SAD (Standard American Diet) lifestyle. Go to www.vitaminB17.org, download the summary ebook, and learn about the "incurable" dis-ease, the science of B17 and the politics behind the medical cartel. I don't recommend much fruits and sugars; cancer cells FEED on sugar. Also, Cancer cells love lots of mucous, protein and an acidic body. A rich source of B17 is the kernel of apricots. Check it out!

The Gerson Therapy as well as the Dr. Ann Wigmore's teachings (See www.chidiet.com) are wonderful - very similar! Same concept of nourishing the body naturally to help it heal itself! I believe your uncle will be cured if he changes his lifestyle to a raw, living foods one!

Best wishes,
Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Love, Good Health, and God bless you!
~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:13PM

hey el nat

so unhulled sesame seeds is the true king of calcium?

oh... how interesting,, didn't know that
well... i guess i said all of the above cuz i'm a lazy girl and i dislike doing so much work straining and sieving and whatnot

but still i think chlorophyll is king in so many other respects
wud be interested in seeing the quantitative comparisons for calcium

Date: May 11, 2008 05:14PM

In addition to Wheatgrass, a little Clay every now and then is a good source of Calcium.....WY
[www.terramin.com]

Date: May 12, 2008 04:10PM

Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for your answers and special thanks to Juicin John for the answer to my specific questions.

Turns out my uncle has acute myeloid leukemia and Gerson doesn't recommend their therapy for acute leukemias.

My uncle has also unfortunately been told to stay away from raw fruits and vegetables, due to the bacteria, since leukemia patients are prone to infections due to low white blood cell counts.

But you all have convinced me to get a Greenstar for myself at least. Or possibly elnatural's new juicer when it's available.

Any other advice for acute leukemia (for someone who is planning to stay away from raw veggies!)? I just hate that. Maybe bottled chlorophil?

Thanks again everyone, I truly appreciate all the info,
LaPieta

Date: May 12, 2008 04:30PM

The calcium discussion is interesting too. I didn't know about wheatgrass or clay for calcium! I had heard about kale and sesame seeds, but had forgotten about the sesame seeds, and didn't know that they needed to be unhulled.

I wonder what one does with sesame seeds, other than just sprinkle them on things?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables