Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mushroom soup
Date: June 16, 2008 05:51PM

Anyone know a good mushroom soup recipe. I've been craving mushrooms like crazy. I thought I'd try something different than stuffed mushrooms or mushrooms in my salads.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mushroom soup
Date: June 17, 2008 03:58PM

I second this request! Pretty please?

And also - a caveat not to try the mushroom soup in Juliano's Raw cookbook. It's just horrible, in my very humble opinion.

Raw again since April 29, 2008.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 17, 2008 09:22PM

I have a recipe from Nomi Shannon but I make them better on my own on the fly.

I make different kinds depending on my mood and what I have. You can make a clear,brothy one with chopped mushrooms, green onions, bell peppers and herbs in a miso broth or a creamy one with chopped mushrooms and green onion in a broth of blended mushrooms, avocado, olive oil, garlic, herbs ( I like oregano and basi).

Date: June 18, 2008 03:01PM

Thank you pakd4fun, Last night I decided to experiment and tried something without looking at a recipe. It came out great and I was very pleased.

Bunch of mushrooms (I used baby portabella)
1 clove of garlic
1/4 onion
1 tsp celtic sea salt
10 grape tomatoes
a dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup water (or 1/2 cup young coconut juice)

Mixed everything for 2 minutes in my Vitamix, than I added chopped avocado. MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm, it was very good! I think I'll have this again tonight!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables