Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I am new
Posted by: karmele ()
Date: July 09, 2008 05:49PM

Hi guys

I am new to this and would like to ask you a few questions. I am going to try to follow a 50% raw food diet. I don't think I am able to go more than that for several reasons, including being pregnant. I have millions of questions but lets start with a couple. I hear to eat lentils I should let them steep in water until soft. They can then be eaten, right? Any other foods that can be eaten like this? Cheek peas perhaps? Can I eat kidney beans at all?

Also, I have read it is better to leave nuts in water to release the enzimes? How long for?

I was also thinking of getting and all raw-breakfast. I was thinking of mixing nuts with seeds, dry foods and maybe fresh fruits with some oats. Should I let the oat steep in water as well? And then this mixture do you eat it dry, or with water, or what?

Thanks all in advance

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I am new
Date: July 09, 2008 08:18PM

Welcome karmele!

You cannot eat kidney beans raw! You can, however, sprout lentils and eat them that way.

I buy myy raw oat groats HERE. Most of the commercial oats in stores are not truly raw. I soak mine and eat it with nut milk, dried fruit and spices (basically an unheated version of oatmeal.)

As to nuts... well when I do soak them its usually for a couple of hours max. Theres a lot of great threads on nuts and and general newbie questions. You can use the search feature at the top of the forum. Theres actually a few threads on being pregnant and raw that might interest you.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Re: I am new
Posted by: karmele ()
Date: July 10, 2008 12:05PM

Hi, thanks very much for that! I will do abit of a search smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables