Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WANTEDtongue sticking out smileyB&J
Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: July 11, 2008 11:09PM

I am craving a PB&J sandwich

obviously i would not use real peanutbutter i am ok with cashew butter but what about the bread? i need a recipe for bread....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WANTEDtongue sticking out smileyB&J
Date: July 12, 2008 12:42AM

Theres a number of bread recipes on this very site! They all sound good to me: CLICK!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 12, 2008 06:50AM

Check this recipe out, it looks amazing! I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait til I do, it looks soooo gooey and satisfying.

[rawmodelcom.blogspot.com]

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: July 14, 2008 04:04PM

Matthew Kenney & Sarma Melngailis have one in their book 'Raw food, real world'. I haven't tried it out but I have tried the manna bread in another recipie and it came out good.

Crunchy Honey Nut Butter and Jam Sandwhich (Makes 4 Sandwhiches)

(From the book)
Raw almond butter on its own is a bit to runny to hold up in a sandwhich, Mixing it with raw honey, which should always be solid rather then liquid at room temperature, will give it more body, not to mention a great taste. We always stir in coarse sea salt into our almond butter every time we open a jar as well. as it usually comes unsalted. Dehydrating the strawberries to concentrate the flavors will also give them more substance for the jam. And dehydrating the bread makes it a bit more like toast. Because it is not baked at a high temperature, manna bread, is still somewhat wet and muffin-like on the inside. You can buy it frozen in any health food store. It's a very convenient snack to have on hand. There is some debate about whether or not it's truly raw, because we've yet been able to find out for sure if they keep it at less than 118F- but in any case, it's the best sort of "bread" you could buy to eat, because they use fully srpouted organic grains and presumably keep it uncoocked, so it's a big step in the right direction.

"You can make all the components of this ahead of time and keep them refrigerated. Then, whether it's for a late morning breakfast or a snack any time of day, it's easy to put together. Just like those peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches that I remember eating every day for lunch in school, but so much better!" -MK

8 slices Manna bread, preferably cinnamon date, cut into slices about 1/2 inch thick
2 pints strawberries, trimmed and cut in pieces
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 packet stevia or 3 tablespoon maple syrup powder(optional)
1 cup raw almond nutter
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 teaspoom sea salt

1) Place the slices of bread on dehydrater trays and dehydrate at 115F for 4 to 8 hours, or untill crispy on the outside. This is not necessary, but we like the recipie better when the bread is a bit more dry and toast-like.

2) Place the strawberries on Teflex-lined dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 115F for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight, untill the strawberries shrink and the flavors concentrate a bit. They should still be soft, but not as wet and watery as fresh berries.

3) Transfer the strawberries to a food processor, making sure to include all of the gooey concentrated straberry juice from the Teflex sheet-you may need to use a spatula to get all of this concentrated jelly flavor. Add the stevia, if using, and pulse a few times to make a jam. Transfer to a covered container and store in the refrigerator untill ready to use.

4) Place the almond butter, honey and salt in a small bowl and mix well to combine.

5) Spread the honey nut butter on half of the bread slices. Top with strawberry jam, and the remaining bread slices.

Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: July 16, 2008 11:52PM

thats so much for the feed back i cant wait to have my comfort pb and j back

Date: July 17, 2008 04:41AM

hey, please share if you find one that tastes amazing! ab and j rocks!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 19, 2008 02:27PM

We made the apple bread on the raw model site. It was pretty good. We smashed bananas between two slices and it reminded me of a fruit muffin. Thanks.

Posted by: Rawtastic ()
Date: July 20, 2008 04:54AM

I throw graps (concord are awesome and in season in the fall) into the hand blender with some buts- cashews or pecans or almonds- and just pulse it a bit to chop em up. Then I put it on a romaine leaf and eat. It's so0o0o0o sweet I don't miss the bread!

Date: August 07, 2008 04:01PM

I am making my flax seed crackers tonight with some cinnamon and honey as the seasoning. I got some bananas, raw almond butter and honey to put on top.. you could also use rasberries.. yum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables