Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

non-dehydrated recipes??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2008 01:30AM

hey everyone, im wondering what some of your favorite recipes are prepared WITHOUT a dehydrator. i wont be getting one for a while but i really need some good dinner stuff to make for my family and i. thanks!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: non-dehydrated recipes??
Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: July 28, 2008 10:36PM

I like tabouli and make it every week:

1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Other herbs to taste--basil is a big favorite
1 bunch green onions, sliced
A couple of handfuls of grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped (but any tomato will do)
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup hemp seeds

Mix ingredients in a bowl. Add a vinaigrette of your choice (I use lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and salt). Stir well.

This is based on a recipe from Storm and Jinjee Taliferro. I made a few changes, and it is a very flexible recipe. You can add garlic (now I am using garlic scrape, since it is available in our local organic store), different herbs, use all parsley or all cilantro, etc.

It is delicious and easy, and quite nutritious too. The hemp seeds add a nice bit of protein and of course you are getting all the benefits from lots of greens.

For this recipe all you need is a knife and a cutting board.

You can pair this tabouli with raw hummus. There are lots of recipes for it. I like to make mine with zucchini rather than soaked garbanzos.

Gazpacho is another favorite summer recipe; lots of recipes
available for different kinds (white gazpacho, watermelon gazpacho ...)

Pureed soups.

Pesto over zucchini "spaghetti'.

I don't have a dehydrator, either. I find that there are lots and lots of recipes that do not require one.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 30, 2008 08:52PM

Taco Nut Meat - I bought organic corn taco shells, lettuce and tomatoes and it was one of my favorite before getting my dehydrator. The taste and consistency is like that of ground beef.
Makes 4 Servings

Use this taco nut meat like you would regular non-vegan taco meat. Top salads, make a wrap or add it in a burrito. It adds a kick of instantly rich flavor and its from the book ani's raw food kithen.

1/2 cup almonds, dry (don't forget to soak your almonds)
1/2 cup of walnuts, dry (don't forget to soak your walnuts)
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablesspoon ground oriander
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2/3 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon Nama Shoyu or bragg Liquid Aminos
Process almonds and walnuts intto a powder
Place nut meal inod mixing bowl. Ad cumin, coriander, olive oil, salt and Nama Shoyu and mix well

Will keep for four days in he fridge.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: August 31, 2008 01:32AM

I also like tabouli similar to the one posted above. In mine I also add chopped cucumber, and chopped walnuts. For variety, preparing it without dried herbs gives it a different, yet pleasant taste as well.

Wishing you vibrant health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables