Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Site/Book of Properly Combined Recipes
Posted by: Quest for Peace ()
Date: September 01, 2008 05:16AM

I saw this post on another site and thought I would ask it here. Does anyone know of any sites/books of properly combined recipes (i.e. proper food combining guidelines are followed)?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Site/Book of Properly Combined Recipes
Date: September 04, 2008 05:34AM

Anyone? There has got to be one somewhere....

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: September 04, 2008 03:29PM

i would love to hear about this also, I would also be great if it had a daily meal plan....best combining all day long!

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: September 06, 2008 01:49PM

Quest for Peace,

Are you looking for the basic food combining "rules?"

Date: September 07, 2008 04:44AM

Hi Sewraw -

thanks for the response! No, I am all too aware of the "rules". Just looking for some raw recipes that follow them. I can look through the many raw books I have and see if any meet those guidelines. However, with all of the focus in the raw food movement about how important it is to follow correct food combining, I thought there has got to be at least 1 book or website that has properly combined recipes.....there are books for properly combined COOKED recipes, but I haven't been able to find one for raw yet.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: September 07, 2008 02:27PM

QFP:

I believe that Doug Graham has recipe books that follow his system which should follow the "rules" he uses. Also living nutrition came out with a book which pretty much does the same regarding food combining.

Since you are already familiar with food combining principles,then based on these guidelines you could apply the principles to recipes you already have in your books or decide to create new dishes for yourself rather than spend on yet more books. Also since there are so many raw food sites with recipes on the web, you could easily recognize whether the ingredients in their recipes fit in with the combining style you want.

Posted by: Choco ()
Date: September 08, 2008 05:09PM

Phyllis Avery has a raw food book called "Garden Of Eden Raw Fruit and Vegetable Recipes" with properly combined raw recipes. It's one of the few books I have ever found that follows the principals of proper combining for better digestion.

The other book I know of with 100% properly combined recipes is the official recipe book for the raw food retreat center - "The Optimum Health Institute of San Diego". If you call the institute in San Diego ( it's a toll free 1-800 number..) they can connect you with their bookstore and you can order it from them directly.

Hope this helps.

PEACE
Choco

Date: September 09, 2008 05:33PM

Thank you so much Choco and Pistacio!

Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: October 02, 2008 05:59PM

The Raw Gourmet by Nomi Shannon uses proper food combining!

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 02, 2008 06:11PM

"Push Limits...Break Rules" was a quote from a Georgia
Gardener on gardening. It would also apply to Food Combining.
Don't go so much by the 'rules', but by what works for you.
Your Body will let you know....WY

Posted by: carolg ()
Date: October 03, 2008 12:25AM

livingnutrition.com
Dave Klein into this.

He is great and can help bunches--natural hygiene.

He even has new magazine Vibrance out. Google or go to his website.

carolg

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2008 05:28PM

Go to drhanna.org - she has recipe books and general information on how to eat raw. She is one of the top cellular metabolism scientists in the world and really knows her stuff. She also has a product line that includes raw organic seeds, vegetable seeds, ground raw nuts and fiber (bran). She explains how to get complete nutrition with proper preparation and combinations of foods.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 17, 2009 11:21PM

I am assumming that properly combined means that food categories are established... startches, dried nuts and fruits, fresh fruits, etc. If I am understanding this correctly, The Raw Food Detox Diet has lots of recipes in it. The author, Natalia Rose, also has another book, Life Force Energy which follows the same principles and also has lots of recipes.In the Raw Food Detox Diet, she gives examples of what daily eating looks like, along with the recipes- I found her books to be very easy to read and follow.

Her site is www.detoxtheworld.com I borrowed the books from my library and made photo copies of the recipes that I wanted to try. So far, I have been very happy with how they have turned out!

Hannah

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables