Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

smoothie recipes?
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 15, 2009 10:07PM

Please could people post up their favorite smoothie recipes. I am the proud owner of a new blender and would like some ideas for great smoothies.

Thanks in advance

Philippa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: smoothie recipes?
Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: January 16, 2009 03:21AM

My favorite green smoothie is persimmons and spinach. Just add enough water to blend, and make sure the persimmons are very ripe.

Posted by: Wies0087 ()
Date: January 17, 2009 01:15AM

my favorite recently - it tastes like a "milkshake" : 1 cup of nut-milk (I make this first and strain it.) Blend with 1 or 2 frozen bananas (frozen makes a difference - I like the texture) and 1 TBS maca root powder. mmmmm :-)

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: January 18, 2009 01:44AM

Congratulations on your new blender. I think you will find lots of enjoyment from it. The two main recipes Ive been using this month are:

banana frozen fruit smoothie which is a couple bananas, some frozen fruit, whichever your in the mood for, a juicy fruit like grapes or some OJ and some fresh fruit again from your choosing. this makes an excellent smoothie. Ive been using fresh blueberries and blackberries, frozen strawberries and raspberries and grapes. The second recipe Ive been using is for hot cocoa because its cold where I live. a cup or so of water, a tablespoon of tahini, cacao powder, agave; a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, chile powder, vanilla and hazelnut flavoring. Then I warm it up just to the touch on the stove. Also try doing a search for smoothies I'm sure you'll find tons.

I encourage you to check Kevin's website, he post many recipes there. Here's a link to his smoothie page [renegadehealth.com]

And this last recipe I was emailed just yesterday from Victoria B. for Emerald apple sauce
Emerald Apple Sauce
By Aletha Nowitzky

Parsley contains three times as much vitamin C as oranges, twice as much iron as spinach, is rich in vitamin A and contains folate, potassium and calcium. What’s more, parsley is also recognized for its cancer-fighting potential.

Source: [health.learninginfo.org]

Blend well the following ingredients in the blender.

Two large apples

½ bunch (or one cup) parsley

Yields 2 cups

Enjoy as a meal or a treat!

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: January 18, 2009 09:33AM

thank you so much Rubyjewel.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: January 24, 2009 03:32PM

Bananas
Plums
Dash Cinnamon
Water
Optional: Greens

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 21, 2009 09:29PM

Any fruit mixed with equal parts of juice...

My favorite...
mangos, bananas, strawberries
with Orange juice

Blend up... YUM

Posted by: VeganDiva ()
Date: May 01, 2009 01:43PM

I love love love smoothies!

Some of my fave ingredients are:
bananas
melon
ginger
coconut

I often add some greens, like spinach, too.

Enjoy! x

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: May 01, 2009 04:07PM

my new favorite: pina colada

1 banana
fresh pineapple
1/4 c. organic dried coconut (soaked in water for a few minutes)

love it!

Posted by: Manolie ()
Date: May 02, 2009 05:04PM

A great book of smoothies is the one entitled "1, 2, 3 Smoothies" The Vitamix and Blendtec blenders come with great recipe books which include smoothies. If you ever buy someone's used blender, make sure they include the recipe book, too. For smoothies done in your blender, remember this order of putting the ingredients in your blender: liquids, softs, firms, frozen, ice (last) and allow the ice to sit on the counter while you prep and add the other ingredients, so the ice is not as hard as a rock. A good blender will have your smoothie ready to enjoy in 50 seconds, so that it takes longer to drink than it takes to make it! (P. S. If yogurt is permitted in your diet, adding half a serving of yogurt to a smoothie can make for a smoother smoothie.) Manolie

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: May 04, 2009 06:30PM

Flipperjan,

What kind of blender do you have?

I make a lot of veggie smoothies, and I often include superfoods.
One of my favorite ingredients is avocado pit. That requires a powerful blender to blend it smoothly.

We have many recipes on this page [www.healthnvitality.com]

Here is one that you might like:

Every Berry Smoothie

1 cup young coconut water

2 cups young coconut flesh

2 to 3 cups strawberry, blueberry and raspberry

1/4 cup of goji berries

1/4 vanilla bean

1/4 cup agave

1 Tablespoon of Centrifuge raw coconut oil

Blend all ingredients on XL smoothie setting on your 20 amp blender. If you do not have a 20 amp and you still want to micronize all of the seeds of the berries we would suggest emailing us to learn how this can be done with a 13 to 17 amp blender.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables