Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Veggies for children
Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: January 18, 2009 01:53AM

Hello all, I babysit part time for 18 month old twins and before i leave work i make and serve dinner to them and their two older brothers ages 6 & 8. The babies have no problem eating veggies but I find that the older boys are eating less and less of them. I'm raw vegan their family isn't but they still need their daily serving of veggies. How are some of you parents preparing vegetables for your children? I'm interested in dishes for raw or non raw vegetables that children might like to eat. Also this maybe off topic but I would also be interested in any cook books that has recipes designed for young children especially involving vegetables. Thanks Much

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Veggies for children
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: January 18, 2009 05:12PM

My almost four year old daughter helped make a salad the other night, including making the dressing herself, and proceeded to eat three helpings! Try to get the older kids to help in the kitchen and they will most likely eat what they create. Let them help choose the veggies, too. Good luck!

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: January 29, 2009 09:23PM

I lightly steam broc,zucchini, green beans..ect for my boys and give them a choice of a healthy dip on the side. They will eat salad,slaws, carrot sticks, celery sticks, anything if I make a good dip or dressing on the side. So my advice would be to serve with hummus,tahini,homemade ranch, salsa, any kind of healthy dip you can think of. I also also agree with the previous poster, include them in the prep, also give them 2 choices and let them pick.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 03, 2009 04:24AM

Get them involved, keep it colorful, and don't freak out if they make a mess!

Definitely great advice from zanjabil and Sundancer. Ditto what they said.

Let us know how it goes.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 09, 2009 04:52AM

We made carrot juice and added celery and they loved it, next adding other veggies as long as you can keep it sweet smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables