Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food Storage
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2009 08:15PM

Hi All..I am brand new to Raw Foods. Prior to march I was a dedicated carnivore.
As I am aging however I am not happy with the way I feel, and have been eating raw since March 1. I feel much better, and have dropped 10 - 15 lbs of the 130 or so that I want to.
My first question here is , how is the shelf life for this raw food. I made a raw Marinara a couple of days ago, and want to know how long it will keep. I have it in a vacuum seal bowl, which I figure will help. I also made a batch of live gardenburger last night. I put half in a vac bowl, covered it with plastic wrap, and sealed it. I'm looking to try some different stuff, so that I don't burn out on salad.

Thanks for any advice !!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food Storage
Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: April 02, 2009 11:50PM

Hi! here's the scoop on my experience....raw food is highly perishable since it's so full of nutrition. microbes love it (thats how you can tell it's so healthy!) Just a day or 2 in the fridge I would imagine is how long a marinara would last. No matter how you wrap it up. Dehyrated food lasts longer since most of the moisture is gone. Hope I helped (a bit)! Congrats on your weight loss and your new venture into the raw world! Good luck to you yawning smiley)

Re: Food Storage
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 03, 2009 10:21AM

Thanks! I guess my problem is that I have been following recipes that make batches of stuff, and I'm uncooking for only myself. I'm working on scaling recipes back now that I have tried a few. I just got a 5 tray excalibur, and I'm uncooking up a storm this weekend. Pizza tonight!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables