Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruit Tip
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 23, 2009 06:46PM

Heard you can replace your regular produce with Del Monte's Chilled Fruit in your recipes. Anybody tried this? It sure would save a lot of time, eliminating having to cut and peel, etc. Supposed to taste just as good. There's a recipe on the website for Pear, Blue Cheese and Walnut salad that sounds really good that I want to try. If you want to check out the recipes go here: [bit.ly]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruit Tip
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 11:39PM

It's more expensive. It's been absorbing plastic fumes. It's not organic.

Do you work for Del Monte?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 11:40PM by Lee_123.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2009 04:11PM

The stuff I saw was in a glass jar.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 08:20PM

If you have to buy packaged food, then go for the glass packaging. Watch out for pasturized products that are packaged in plastic.

As for fruits and vegetables, fresh is best, but, pre-cut and packaged is usually better than heavily processed... However, check for added sugar (fructose, corn syrup, etc.) and chemicals. Sometimes the convenience factor wins and so pre-cut and packaged fruits and vegetables are better than the usual SAD alternatives.

I don't think anything tastes as good as fresh, unprocessed, organic fruits and vegetables. I don't think anything is as healthy as fresh, unprocessed, organic fruits and vegetables.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables