Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw chili
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: January 12, 2007 10:28AM

hi everyone.i made a raw chili recipe from the cookbook "LIVING IN THE RAW".GOOD RECIPE-it as very good.here it is-3c.of fresh tomato juice(i used very tiny cut up roma tomatoes-not juice)1/2c.lentil sprouts,1 carrot,grated.1/4c.each of the following...celery,fresh cron kernels,fresh lemon juice,finely chopped red bell pepper,finely chopped onion and finely chopped zucchini.add 2t.of chili powder,1-2 cloves,minced.1t.celtic salt and 1/4t. of ground cumin-pinch of cayenne.combine all ingredients and mix and put in fridge for 3 hours so flavors can combine.i cheated.i am in transition of being vegan to raw.i had a meat substitute called redi-burger. i did heat up the redi-burger and stirred it intothe raw chili-so the veggies were not cooked-it made the whole dish "warm" but still that freshness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw chili
Date: January 13, 2007 02:03PM

i know i "cheated by using redi-burger"...but i made the raw chili and heated the redi-burger to mix in-as a warmer for the raw chili.maybe everyone knows redi-burger is a meat substitute.it is vegan and i am still trying to do all raw but having to fix things to convince and help hubbys health too.and for us to try and get thinner.taylor

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: January 14, 2007 06:58AM

Hey taylor! Sounds good to me!! You seem like you're creative and imaginative and headed in the right direction. And you're right to not put too much pressure on yourself to be 100% raw. Sounds like you've already made lots of progress!

Good Luck and keep us posted!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Date: January 14, 2007 06:27PM

thank u alive.so much for your encouragement.i made a raw carob pudding last nite. hubby said it was quite good.so we are trying to head into better health.also today he is juicing with me.i am so glad.thank you...taylor

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 15, 2007 01:23AM

taylor
i agree wid alive
u r doin gr**888!

that chil i sounds kickin!!
yuummeeeY

Date: January 15, 2007 03:44AM

thank u gal! it was pretty dog gone good.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 15, 2007 11:47PM

i want some raw chili 2!!

but silly me , refuses to make anything that takes more than 15 secondszz hee hee

Date: January 16, 2007 12:10AM

you are smart gal...i think that sounds pretty good.easy...i am making this for visitors tonite.i wonder what they will think.it is good.taylor

Posted by: GotVeggie ()
Date: January 19, 2007 03:50AM

Wow I'm going to have to look into Redi-burger. Never heard of that before

Date: January 19, 2007 12:54PM

well-redi-buger is canned.so it has gone thru a heating process-it is protein.there is a whole line of food stuffs...like tuno(frozen food dept)i made SHAMBURGERS last nite for my family...i did not eat cause it is cooked.but i added this to my chili cause i needed protein and it is vegan-but i did heat it up to warm my raw chili-so it would not totally hurt the raw fresh vitamins.it is 2.39$ a big can.it is like tvp with flavor.probably not totally accepted in the raw world.but i was almost completely raw except for that.taylor

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: January 20, 2007 07:09AM

Hmmm, redi-burger sound very, erm, junk-food-ish.

What's so special about it? Why can't you make a raw version?

I mean, if it's vegan and made from vegetable protein, why not just make it from vegetables? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Not trying to give you a hard time or put down your recipe, just trying to keep things "raw"...

Cheers,
Ian.

Date: January 20, 2007 01:48PM

there is raw versions-well-it is for vegans really.it is the only food i eat right now not raw.it is nuts and such but processed.so for no one here really.there is versions raw and i am working on them.walnut taco filling and the burgers we have here on this site for the recipes.i am for the raw version.right now i have rice soaking for a spanish rice dish.i am going to get the walnuts soaking.for the taco filling for lettuce wraps.just new into this and trying to learn and sometimes i have used a bit of the old vegan ways.you are correct.i agree with you 100% -cheers to you too!taylor

Posted by: Marley_Star ()
Date: February 16, 2007 06:37AM

Hi, everyone... smiling smiley)

taylor, that recipe sounds great! I am curious as to where I can find the Redi-burger...is it avilable in most health food stores?

Date: February 16, 2007 12:03PM

it is-it is not fresh but sometimes it helps with people like my hubby...to not eat meat-it does have soy in it.so there is that issue.but like i say-starting out to be vegan -it helps.it is veggies and grains ground up.it has no cholesterol...no trans fat..it has water,wheat gluten,cornmeal,soy four and soy sauce and oatmeal-some veggie seasonings and oil and salt.i don't eat it. i did at first when i was getting away from meat and then when i was trying to be raw.it helps-probably cooked beans are better.anyway-it is lke morning star foods.it is like those crumbles i think by morning star.it is meat substitues and they are in the frozen food section of your store and also in cans(the veg and redi-burger are soemtimes at stores).i got my hubby fake hot dogs yesterday.at least it is not meat and has protein.i also know there is recipes for raw sausages which i am going to be trying really soon.good luck Marley_Star...taylor

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: February 18, 2007 04:24PM

There is a really good raw chili recipe on from "SAD to raw." I had SAD eating friend here and they loved it and even asked me to send the recipe. I am getting a lot of questions about raw lately. The main reason is because my weight is fantastic and I tell them I believe it is the fastest way to loose weight.

Date: February 18, 2007 06:23PM

the raw chili rocks.i had my in-laws over and they ate every bit.u are right pakd4fun...it is wonderful.there is alot of raw chili recipes thats for sure.sooo good.hugs taylor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables