Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

spiral slicer saga
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 09, 2007 11:59PM

hi everyone!! another day and another story about the spiral slicer. on my!! i am in love with this little device.it is something like the benrinder i think is the name. i thought it was a bit of a crappy device. it made the nicest zucchini skinny spaghetti.so nice. i am loving it.so easy to use.worth the 60$.taylor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: spiral slicer saga
Date: February 10, 2007 03:51AM

I knew you would love it! Its such a handy little gadget... I made perfect cucumber noodles the other day. You are gonna get a lot of use outta it

<3

Lisa

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 10, 2007 04:51AM

hey Lisa-i saw your blog and saw the cuke noodles.i love that little gadget.it is wonderful. i am so excited about this discovery.it is worth the money.i made the best raw dinner tonite. it was the zucchini spaghetti with sun-dried tomato sauce on top and then raw corn on the cob with avocado butter and a glass of carrot juice. it was so good.this is wonderful.What else have you done with your slicer? any tips? do i have to worry about the blades rusting?ok-thanks gal.love your blog on raw foods.i have only been doing this since jan.so i am trying to get the stuff i need to give it all a go.hugs and thanks taylor

Date: February 10, 2007 07:20AM

Oh I have made all sorts of things when I have used the slicer like ravioli's and lasagnas (making the "ricotta" out of nut milks).

One of my favourite things is to make angel hair "pasta" out of zucchinis and toss it with a coarsely made pesto.

When I need inspiration and ideas I love this link:

[gliving.tv]

Now as for the blades rusting... I have never had any issues with my mandolins or slicers rusting. I usually try and clean and dry the slicer as soon as I am done with it and not let it sit in the sink/water for long periods.

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Cecilia ()
Date: February 19, 2007 08:35PM

This is my favorite spiral slicer recipe sauce. I love the Spiral Slicer Too!

Zucchini Angel Hair Pasta with Alfredo Sauce

1 cup young coconut water (or 1 cup water with 3 stevia leaves or other sweetener to taste)
1 cup pine nuts
1 lemon juiced (about 4 tablespoons lemon juice)
3 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon South River Chickpea Miso or other brand chickpea miso
nutmeg or white pepper to taste
3 medium zucchini spiralized on thin setting
Garnish:
1/4 chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped cured black olives (optional)

Blend the coconut water, pine nuts, lemon juice, tahini, and miso in a blender until smooth. Add white pepper or nutmeg to taste and blend again. Pour sauce over spiralized zucchini and garnish with parsley and olives if desired. Feel free to add a clove of garlic to the sauce for a stronger flavor.

Get Your Free Raw Food Starter Guide E-Book at:
[www.rawglow.com]

Find Your Inner Glow!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 22, 2008 06:18PM

I hate to be a party-@#$%& but South River Chickpea Miso is not raw.

[www.southrivermiso.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables