Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Raw Truth
Posted by: Pam ()
Date: March 05, 2007 04:58AM

Does anyone have this book? It's got some great sounding recipes. However, I'm not sure if when the author says 3 cups of sprouted almonds, he means yield after sprouting or that you measure 3 cups of almonds and THEN sprout them. Can someone please help?

Pam

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Raw Truth
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 17, 2007 06:19PM

HI there...in one of my raw books they said the rule for this is....if it calls for 3 cups of sprouted almonds they mean pre sprouted because it says sprouted ....most other receipes will says 3 cups of almonds sprout or sprouted which means take 3 cups of almonds and then sprout them....so i hope you understand that was the only way i could explain is what i read haha...good luck with everything...
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Date: March 18, 2007 10:03PM

Hey Sachelle,

The rules you note are the ones I've always followed. But, for some reason, I'm not sure that's what he means in THIS cookbook. Well, I'll just have to try my luck. Thanks for taking the time to reply! You are always so nice on the board. It's much appreciated!

Pam

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 19, 2007 09:09AM

hmm i went and looked int he book but i am not sure which receipe you are looking at so i decided it was not helpful haha...i have that book as wel and they have wonderful things i hope it turns out right...let me know how it goes!!
and thank you i try to answer where i know it migh be helpful!!
good luck take care
love sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 21, 2007 08:20AM

I was told the rules for food recipes dont apply to raw food and you shouls always go by your own taste.

Date: March 21, 2007 11:42PM

Yes, that's true, Suvine. But the recipes I'm referring to are dehydrated so probably best to follow the recipe... at least the first time!

No worries, Sachelle. I think it's the way you say.

(And, yes, Rawgetarian, I know that dehydrated food is not the best choice.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 11:42PM by Pam.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables