Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

garbanzo powder
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 22, 2007 11:51AM

hi everyone!! i was at this food mill place yesterday and i was looking thru the bulk foods and saw "DRIED GARBANZO POWDER".so is this just dried garbanzo's and they blended them up to a powder?? can i add water to make hummus??it said nothing on the bin about being able to do this.i just don't like to soak the garbanzo's and then blend them.it takes so long.any insite on this would be helpful.hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: garbanzo powder
Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 26, 2007 07:51PM

Hey girl sometimes they still mean cooked when they say dried...i learned that with something else ...you have to find out if it is raw first....if it is it might work as a hummus mix....what kind of hummus is your favorite??? they have premade mixes that are raw at rancho's haha then all you have to do is add water!!! they are great...i wonder if you can order from the company i will see for you!!
good luck
love ya
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: March 27, 2007 12:19PM

sach...i know when i use to make soybean powder-i would use raw,dried soybeans.so this is what i wondered. i am going to look at trader joes to see if i can find what u are telling me of.i make a carrot hummus.i am headed to trader joes today to find out what i can find out.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: March 27, 2007 04:56PM

I was wondering the same thing. I got some at an Indian grocery. I've found that I'm not much for sprouted chickpea hummus. Others swear by zucchini hummus but I haven't tried that yet.

Posted by: sachelle ()
Date: March 28, 2007 04:56AM

hey taylor...did you find out anything at trader joe's today??? hmm i forgot to look when i went to rancho's i will put a memo in my phone so i will remember tomorrow!!! hopefully your one is already raw that would be awesome!!
good luck
love ya
sachelle
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables