Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is brown rice flour considered a raw food?
Posted by: diana ()
Date: May 02, 2007 01:45PM

I realize the health potential of sprouting and soaking seeds, legumes, grains and nuts...but if I don't have time to soak, sprout and re-dry my brown rice...is it ok to grind my unsprouted brown rice into a flour and use that when I need a thickening agent that isn't a seed or a nut?...I am gluten sensitive so I have to watch which grains I do consume if in fact I use them...Also is this just a personal decision...It is enlightening when you don't have to compromise...thanks for any input...Diana

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is brown rice flour considered a raw food?
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 06, 2007 08:38AM

there isn't a health potential with sproating and soaking seeds legumes and grains that is why you do it....but brown rice isn't good for you raw....i am not sure if this is a new post or the repsonses disappeared...but i posted a big post about it from a book for you...but brown rice is not good to consume at all unless cooked..it is not good sprouted or soaked or untouched and grinded for flour...you need to cook it to be safe with brown rice..there are other gluten free things....but it seems no matter what any of us responded to the post you didn't like the answer...so if this is just a personal decision and you are oging to still keep the idea and eat the brown rice grounded then good luck and go for it...but itisn't safe..so i wouldn't.....and it is not recommended.....i hope that you decide to find something else..or use a different gluten free grain and use it!! good luck hun and take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 06, 2007 03:55PM

Dear Earthangel...It's not that I didn't like your answer to my inquiry about brown rice flour...It's that I don't recall having seen it!...Perhaps an oversight on my part...Thank you though, for your answer to my question...It is greatly appreciated...Diana

Date: May 06, 2007 04:03PM

Dear Earthangel...I found your answer...Thank you...The cookbooks that I have say that brown rice is safe to sprout...I was just curious if I could grind it up with out sprouting it if I needed flour sooner than having to sprout and re-dry (I do realize that it would not have all of the nutritional benefits either)...I wasn't aware of the toxicity of un-cooked brown rice...Diana

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 06, 2007 11:15PM

hey there sorry i was just like hmm..i was confused too then i found that you had started up two posts lol....so i figured itout..but glad you gotto see it lol i had to go looking it up in books...hmm yeah i have read and heard that un cooked brown rice is toxic..the only rice that is actually sproutable is wild grain rice..but you never know..have you ever had it unsprouted before?? i don't want you to get sick on us smiling smiley...just be careful...hmm maybe do more search on google..i will search right now too and let you know haha..
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables