Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sauce and Spaghetti squash
Posted by: Ksee ()
Date: May 02, 2007 03:14PM

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a marinara sauce? How do I use my spaghetti squash? I have never done this before.

Thanks!

Ksee ( One of my Irish Setter's)

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sauce and Spaghetti squash
Posted by: diana ()
Date: May 02, 2007 06:34PM

Yes...Put about 2-3 cups of cut tomatoes in your blender along with about 2 cups of mushrooms of your choice cut in pieces although your blender will do the work...also fresh garlic to taste...some sea salt...fresh basil if you have it dried works also...AND...about 1/4 cup of olive oil...PULSE BLEND until you have a consistency you like...I add some hot pepper as I like it a little spicy...this tastes delicious on anything and it tastes great all by itself...As far as the tomatoes the RIPER the better...plum are good but and I have even used cherry tomatoes...as a matter of fact that is how this came about...one good thing about raw foods is I can always find something to do with my very ripe veggies any very ripe fruit...I hope it works well for you...also try substituting veggie pulp if you don't like mushrooms or have yeast problems...Diana

PS...olive oil, basil, and garlic together work on just about everything...

Date: May 02, 2007 06:35PM

I only know about the sauce part...I spiral slice zukes for macaroni...

Date: May 02, 2007 07:09PM

Diana...thank you so much! HUGS to you!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 02, 2007 08:28PM

hey there...another good receipe for sauce...is a couple cups of fresh tomatoes...a few sundried tomatoes (optional)...a red bell pepper or half of a large one...a little garlic...some basil and oregano...2 tbsp of olive oil and a dash of salt to taste...mix up in the blender really really really yummy!!! the spaghettie squash is a little difficult but just use a fork and try to strip it out of the squash..if you ahve a spiral slicer you can use that and cut pieces of the squash to sprialize...good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: May 02, 2007 11:12PM

Will let you know how it all turned out. Am thinking about trying this tomorrow!

Ksee@rawfoods.com

Date: May 03, 2007 09:25AM

OH...I forgot to mention that it is the mushrooms, or pulp, that thickens up the sauce...Diana

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: May 04, 2007 05:08AM

are there any sauce recipes that don't use oils? I love marinara and salsa but haven't made any for this diet because I have nothing feasible to dip in them. I've thought about trying broccoli or cauliflower. The spaghetti sounds like a dish to try. It sounds simple, quick, and not dehydrated at all but the rancid oils worry me. Besides, I've never liked most olive oils even before goin raw winking smiley.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 04, 2007 07:34AM

hey there fud...well there is....it isn't going to taste just like your typical sauce but i prefer it over the oil based ones.....
i use
3-4 roma tomatoes or vine ripened...
1/2 -3/4 cup of water (or use the water you soaked the sundried tomatoes in if you use them.)
use abou6 to start...soaked sundried tomatoes...meditaraian organics makes a really good one..it is a NATURALY SUN dried heirloom tomato...and nothing but a little celtic salt added to them...and then bagged!! so totally raw and healthy...soak about 10 but use 6 when first blending adding them till iti s consistency you want.....
1 red bell pepper
and fresh herbs..such as basil....i love a few cloves of garlic...a few slivers of onions....and blend it all up in the blender...start with less water and only add to allow blending...and add the sundried tomatoes as needed to thicken....season however you want.....you can add rosmary and oregano they are both REALLY good...!!!
enjoy!! this is soo yummy...that sometimes i just add more water to it and a zucchini or cucumber andmake a tomato soup smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2007 07:34AM by earthangel.

Date: May 04, 2007 08:50PM

Hi Fud...regarding the oil...you don't have to add oil...it just adds what is known as...in food science lingo...mouth feel...it adds a silky-ness to the consistency...adding a tablespoon of a lesser flavored nut butter...if you like them...would probably have the same effect...also blending or whipping foods adds air therefore creating volume...and when this happens when a fat is added or present...it retains the fluffiness...smiling smiley...Diana

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: May 17, 2007 05:11AM

Bump.

I might make this recipe this weekend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables