Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I need some ideas for using the produce I currently have.
Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 07, 2007 03:10PM

Hi, y'll. I'm new to the whole raw food/juicing stuff. I have some produce in my fridge atm, and am not sure what to put with what to make a juice. I tried a carrot/brocolli juice tis morn', and just couldn't drink it. = (

I currently have carrots, brocolli, strawberries, blueberries, cilantro, celery, spinach, "salad mix", green kale, and a small bit of gingerroot.

Any recipe ideas would be greatly appreciated. = )

~~Moonie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need some ideas for using the produce I currently have.
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 07, 2007 06:08PM

I like spinach mixed with sweet fruit in a smoothie or salad.

Posted by: ilovecarrotjuice ()
Date: May 21, 2007 10:49PM

I like carrot, celery, spinach juice. Adding a bit of cilantro to veggie juice is yum.

Posted by: Howlingmoon ()
Date: May 22, 2007 01:34AM

I found that I didn't like the taste of carrot juice, or juice containing mainly carrots. And I didn't like juice with celery juice in it, either. lol I have yet to find a juice with veggies in it that I like. I'm afraid to try a smoothie with veggies; I don' want to waste anymore food if I can't drink it.

Chewing tis really hard for me 'cause I have a lot of bad teeth. In fact, I have one right now causing me a lot of pain 'cause I tried to eat a salad (salad mix, carrots, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts) the other night.

Howlingmoon "Moonie" Wolvespirit

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: May 25, 2007 03:50PM

Lemon in a green smoothie (even leave some of the peel on) makes it better.

Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: May 28, 2007 02:10PM

Why don't you try juicing the carrots and/or celery and cucumber and using the juicing liquid as your base for a bunch of raw soup made in your blender?
You can add some of the leafy greens, like the spinach and mild salad mix a litle at a time, tasting as you go along to see if you like the flavor. Personally I think carrot juice and spinach leaves are great together.
I'd also add either a half of an avocado or a few tablespoons of either raw tahini or almond butter to the puree for thickness and taste, and maybe a few sprinkles of sea salt or nama shoyu.

Raw blended soups are a great way to get your nutrition in when you can't chew.

And as far as the fruits, I'd buy a couple of apples, and juice the apples with the strawberries and blueberries for a delicious fruity treat,

OR- you could puree the strawberries and blueberries with a little water in a blender and then spoon it out into little dessert cups. Chill till the mixture sets. You'll have a quick berry "pudding".

Broccoli is tough. I'd chop it up into little pieces ( nix the really woody stem parts) and then blend in a food processor till it was super fine bits. And then I'd mix it in with a batch of almond or sunflower seed pate for a veggie rich flavor, or I'd mix the broccoli into a batch of avocado guacamoli and puree the whole thing together.

Hope these help. smiling smiley

peace
love joy
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 29, 2007 12:27AM

carrots, broccoli: shred to make slaw

strawberries, blueberries, and a small bit of gingerroot: mix to make fruit salad

cilantro, celery, spinach, "salad mix", green kale: As salad. Or juiced, with an apple. Or in a green smoothie with some other fruits.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 29, 2007 11:52PM

hm,
veggie juices
i chug them, as slowly as i can
but they usually don't taste good to me
but i drink them
because they're good
and i feel better after i do
so maybe
practice drinking them for a while
and you will come to like them
(though i dislike carrot)
i like cucumber and celery as clean tasting bases
and ginger to add that nice aftertaste
and spinach to green it up

try it for a while
it might grow on you
or in you

peace-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables