Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

teflex sheets?
Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: July 11, 2007 04:17AM

I need some crackers or something! I'm craving crunchy stuff and dried seaweed just isn't cutting it. But my dehydrator is the old-school doughnut-shaped one and the only sheets it has to keep things (like tiny sprouted flaxseeds) from falling through the trays is just plastic, which I imagine gets no airflow and isn't conducive to quick dehydrating.

Are there teflex sheets for this kind of dehydrator, or is there something else I can use? Cheesecloth or something?

Thanks. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: teflex sheets?
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: July 11, 2007 04:25AM

I have a similar kind of dehydrator - actually 2 of them. For a similar drying situation, I used simple parchment paper you can purchase at the grocery store. I made a template from cardboard and used this to cut out pieces of parchment paper which I laid in the dehydrator. It worked fine.

P

Posted by: happyvegan ()
Date: July 11, 2007 04:54AM

Great idea! I actually have parchment paper already, so I'm gonna go start soaking some flaxseeds. smiling smiley

Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: July 11, 2007 03:37PM

plastic wrap is also very good for wet, gooey or sticky stuff. it doesnt get hot or burn or melt in the dehydrator.

i breathe in
i breathe out
peace
love
unity
Bikini

Date: July 11, 2007 09:00PM

I also use Prachement Paper, I cut it to the exact size. Sometimes in the middle of dehydrating, I'll flip over the stuff and it'll cook much better!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 15, 2007 03:33AM

I use parchment as well. I lay the paper on my dehydrator tray, & press where the edges are so it has a slight indentation & then it's easy to see where to cut.
The nice thing about Teflex as I understand it, is that it can be reused forever.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables