Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ADVICE
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2007 04:12PM

I have joined your ranks, and I cannot believe, how much weight I have lost and how good I feel.Its amazing what food does to our bodies..I have never, ever, lost this much weight SO VERY fast.. I need your advice on just getting started, the only machines I have so far is the blender, juicer and I just want to ge4t deeply planted, before I start the drying and growing of things.. live things....so, any advice, any menus that are simple until I am in this a couple of weeks, wb I also have a vegetable sloicer ect, havy duty. Need your info WB

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ADVICE
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 15, 2007 04:55AM

wb, Congrats! What you already have is great. You can do blended soups in your blender, juice fruit or greens in your juicer. You can use the oven to dehydrate before investing in a dehydrator. Just turn on the oven light (around 80 degrees) or put the oven at the lowest setting before warm. It will be around 100 degrees.

You veggie slicer is saves alot of work slicing, etc.

You're much farther ahead than when I started Raw. I only had a grater.

Recipes can be found on this website and others. Dewey just gave me this website: [www.goneraw.com]. I've heard good things about "Living Cuisine" cookbook by Renee Underkoffler, Juliano's "Raw" cookbook, and Charlie Trotter's "Raw" cookbook. I purchased some expensive ones that were not these and I am disappointed that I spent so much on crap.

You will also want to keep track of your nutrient intake at [www.fitday.com] or similar website. I suggest that you initially supplement anything that is lacking. I've heard that you can get B12 from Nutritional Yeast but I haven't tried it yet. Initially, I was using dairy to transition but now I am vegan.

Good luck! Therese

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 17, 2007 04:34AM

Thearse, thank you for being so thoughtful and so wonderful advice... I live whre there are no health food stoeres, do you have any idea where would be a gooed place that I could order from? Thanks again and have a wonderful day. WB

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 19, 2007 03:58AM

wb, You're welcome. You can order from the below. Also, growing your own veggies/fruits are the best way to reduce costs. Take care. Therese

1. Herbs
[www.frontiercoop.com]

2. Dates and such
[www.organicfruitsandnuts.com]

3. Almonds non-pasteurized even after September 2007 Pasteurization Mandate:
[www.almonds-from-california.com]

4. Food
[www.naturalzing.com]
[www.rawfood.com]
[www.diamondorganics.com]

5. Community Supported Agriculture (CSA's)
[www.nal.usda.gov]

Other helpful websites:
1. From Sad to Raw
[www.fromsadtoraw.com]
2. Some great free recipes
[goneraw.com]
3. This one, of course
[www.living-foods.com]

There are so many more. I gave you just a few. You can do a Yahoo Search and find more. As you continue to study and learn, you will easily find what you need.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: July 21, 2007 05:36PM

Another source is glaser farms.

Wishing you vibrant health

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables