Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seed cheese
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: August 16, 2007 06:34PM

Does anyone have a favourite/ foolproof recipe for making seed cheeze. Preferably out of sunflower seeds...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seed cheese
Date: August 16, 2007 06:49PM

apparently nutritional yeast is the secret ingredient. i'm not sure what that is, or if it causes yeast overgrowth.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:50PM

Hey,
You should really look into buying the book RAWvolution by Matt Amsden (he has a great sunflower seed cheese recipe - not to mention a ton more tasty gems in there!!!)

Date: August 21, 2007 04:44PM

nutritional yeast is brewers yeast, which doesn't taste so great in my opinion.

any way, i found some recipes, basically you just make a seed pate and leave it at warm room temperature for 6-12 hours, and it goes sour...

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 21, 2007 10:27PM

Blend some soaked nuts or seeds with some water (to water down, if needed), a little spring onion (scallions), salt, pepper, a drop of olive oil, a mix of dried herbs + the nutritional yeast. You can add a little lemon or lime for flavour. Process. Voila! Use as a pate etc, or water down and mix into courgetti (delicious!).

With the nutritional yeast and lemon/lime juice- I forget to add this sometimes and to me, it really doesn't make that big a difference.

Seed and nut cheeses are tasty, but IMHO, they need to be eaten in very small amounts and taste better when mixed with something sweet or sharp i.e. seed/nut cheese mixed with sun dried tomatoes, spinach leaves and olives.

Date: August 28, 2007 05:22PM

Thanks for ideas. Seems that seed cheese is a thick seed dressing.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 29, 2007 03:56AM

mix a jar of tahini with 4 lemons or limes and some garlic and salt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables