Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Transformation
Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: August 18, 2007 01:35AM

I copied the Blueberry Dreambar recipe out of the Raw Transformation book, but didn't realize that I had to go to another section for the Pecan Crumble that goes on top.

Would anyone be willing to dig into their book and let me know what the Pecan Crumble recipe is?

Thank you
~ Smile

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Transformation
Posted by: frances ()
Date: August 19, 2007 12:53PM

Pecan Crumble (p.238)
============================

2 c. pecans
1/4 - 1/3 c. agave or honey

In a food processor, process the pecans until crumbly. Slowly add in the agave syrup to slightly moisten. If it clumps together then dehydrate for a couple of hours until it can crumble between your fingers.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 19, 2007 01:22PM

Please give me the recipe for Blueberry Dreambar.
I have lot of frozen bluberries and really love the smoothies but the Dreambars sound great.
Ann

Posted by: smilebig ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:07PM

Frances -

Thank you for taking the time to give me the Pecan Crumble recipe. You are appreciated.

Ann - I think this recipe makes a large amount. Whenever I try a new recipe that wasn't given to me by someone who already tried it, I halve or 1/4 the recipe so I don't end up with alot of something I don't like.

This recipe sounds really sweet. When I make it, I'll likely be reducing the sugar levels.

Here it is:

Crust-
2 c. ground walnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts or a combination
1 c. shredded coconut
2 c. dates soaked in 1 1/2 c. water for 2 hours.

Filling-
4 c. blueberry puree
1 c. soaked dates or agave syrup
3 T. psyllium to thicken

Topping-
1 recipe Pecan Crumble.

In a food processor, grind the nuts until mealy, slowly adding in the coconut and dates. This mixtures should start to form a dough-like consistency; if not, add a tablespoon or so of water. Press into a springform pan to make a crust about 1/2 inch thick.

Blend blueberries to make 4 cups puree and add in agave syrup or dates to sweeten. Add psyllium powder to thicken. Spread this layer about 1/2 inch thick over the top of the crust layer.

Make Pecan Crumble and sprinkle on top of blueberry layer. Chill for 2 hours, removde sides of springform pan, and cut into triangles.

Ann- I wish you could see the photograph of this recipe. It's beautiful. It looks like it uses a large amount of blueberries, so it may help you empty your freezer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables