Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

body wash recipies??
Posted by: NEW2raw! ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:22AM

ok so i hear everyone talk about sugar and salt scrubs etc...s.o how do i make these ?? lol
peace
alex

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: body wash recipies??
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:27AM

oh these are easy smiling smiley for salt scrubs use a nice oil like coconut or something neutral like hemp oil .. you can use olive oil or any oil really but the after smell is a consideration i find smiling smiley

dump about a cup of coarse salt and fine salt and regular salt then mix in enough oil to make a paste , now start slather'n and scrubbing all over yer body .. use fine salt on your face , coarse is too rough .. jump in the shower rinse off under hot .. give yourself a qquick blast of cold and your skin isnow smoother then a babies back end smiling smiley

do the same with sugar if you can find mixes of coarse and fine smiling smiley

you can use oatmeals too.. or your leftover nut pulp from nut milks smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:27AM

hey alex

nice teeth
u got that tom cruise smile going on

keep smilingsmiling smiley

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 24, 2007 06:07AM

Yeah that's a really great photo

Shower drains don't like oatmeal down them though, but the salt dissolves.

You can use epsom salts and you can use just a few drops of essential oil and salt mixed together. I made one with epsom salt and grapefruit. I thought it would be great, but I'm not always in the mood to smell grapefruit when I shower.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 24, 2007 06:12AM

true enough i should have mentioned the oatmeal is ground not typical flakes hehe smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 24, 2007 08:53PM

Even the dine pieces of oatmeal started to slow my drains, and I haven't used it since. Otherwise they seem fine.

Posted by: skinnyhippie ()
Date: September 01, 2007 04:04AM

oatmeal paste (made from ground oatmeal, you can do this yourself with a cheap mortar and pestle) is GREAT for your face. the natural fats in oatmeal make your skin smooth and beautiful. I use Dr. Bronner's soap, which can be expensive, but I think I paid $16 for the biggest container and it's been 4 months and I've barely used a twelfth of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables