Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any bread recipes other than onion?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 24, 2007 04:11AM

Does anyone have any bread recipes other than onion bread. I have onion bread in the dehydrator and when my family and I came back from the farmers market tonight you could smell it before opening the door. I don't mind other smells, but onion is a bit overwhelming, expecially when you are trying to introduce raw to them. Any ideas, I am new to raw and was not a vegetarian or vegan before so I would love a carbohydrate substitue. Thank you for your help and support.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any bread recipes other than onion?
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: August 24, 2007 05:03PM

Cynthia,
Do you own any raw vegan cookbooks? A good place to start would be buying a good raw recipe book that has some interesting bread recipes.

Most people on this board have used the onion bread recipe by Matt Amsden in RAWVOLUTION and swear by it, so you may just want to tell your family that while the smells many not quite be what they are used to, don't judge a book by its cover. smiling smiley the taste will be fab.

also try moving the dehydrator to another room away from your front door. maybe in your basement.

peace
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 24, 2007 05:10PM

cy asked this question a few days ago .... check this link here [www.rawfoodsupport.com] smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: frances ()
Date: August 24, 2007 08:12PM

My dehydrator is in the basement. When I'm dehydrating Matt Amsden's "Famous Onion Bread" the smell completely dominates the basement and can often be detected everywhere else in the house. It's not a bad smell, but it's strong and thirty-six hours of it can weigh on the patience. The taste is great, but I'm also thinking of making mixing it up with some less odorous breads!

Date: August 25, 2007 01:45AM

I have purchased a few books, the Matt Amsden is my favorite so far. I love the strawberry pie. Oh my goodness has that kept me from temptation. The famous onion bread is actually the recipe I was trying. As long as it tastes as good as you are saying, I am willing to make my family sacrafice smiling smiley Sadly I don't have a basement, and all of the rooms are occupied, and of course the kitchen is right by the front door. I am currently at the 24 hour mark, I can't wait until tomorrow morning. I have read that many people have experienced a heightened sense of smell. I am going through that right now. It is actually rather amusing. Last night I could smell peaches as soon as I got out of the car, I am sure that is why the onion smell seems stronger than it is (although it is probably still strong).

Who knows, maybe tomorrow will be a peacefull day, people will walk by the front door, smell the onions and keep on going, leaving me to relax and garden. smiling smiley

Thanks so much for your help I will also try the previous link.

Thanks again.

Date: August 25, 2007 08:48PM

Once i heard of some bread recipes that did not require the use of a dehydrater.
Has anyone heard of these?
I tried to get more information and maybe some recipes but i couldn't.
Shirley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables