Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Maca
Posted by: imfree ()
Date: August 25, 2007 04:11AM

Any good suggestions for eating/drinking maca? I don't want to put it into my smoothies and ruin the taste. Can anyone think of something to put it in that's a smallish drink?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Maca
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 27, 2007 05:36PM

What does it taste like?

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: September 03, 2007 05:03PM

it tastes kind of malty almost like a bitter caramel. i put it in smoothies all the time and my smoothies still taste great. of coarse i only put like a teaspoon. what the couple who wrote raw food real world do is make a smoothie without it, put a little bit of smoothie in a cup along with like 2 heaping spoons of maca/other supplements, then put a little bit of maca into the rest of the smoothie. drink the cup with lots of maca, then enjoy the rest of the smoothie! if you don't like the taste. but i kinda do..

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 05, 2007 06:16AM

Thanks ab - do you notice anything from using it? more energy, or anything?

Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: September 12, 2007 04:06PM

this isint a drink, but its pretty good. i chop up some fruit (lately its been pears) and in a coffee grinder i put flax seeds, maca, cacao nibs, and cinnamon together. then i pour that mixture plus some raw honey and a little vanilla into the fruit and mix it up. its kind of like an oatmeal substitue only more dessert-like.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables