Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Smoothie to replace breakfast?!?!?!
Posted by: rawjay ()
Date: September 26, 2007 03:51PM

Im at work so i couldnt really do much searching. So im sorry if anyone is repeating themselves with information. Basically im looking to replace breakfast with a nice, energizing. nutritional smoothie. Id like to limit it to using just a blender, i have a juicer too, but the clean up time on that thing is ridiculous. I just dont have enough time in the morning. Maybe making this juice/smoothie at night, for a few days is possible? I believe i have access to young thai coconuts as well, so include those if you know of a good recipe!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Jay

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Smoothie to replace breakfast?!?!?!
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: September 29, 2007 01:16AM

Why do you have to make it in advance? I do breakfast smoothies almost every morning and everyday it takes me less than 10 minutes including cleaning. You don't need to take the thing apart and wash it if you drink and rinse instantly. If by chance it is really messy, (shouldn't be unless you're trying to do nuts or something) then just fill with soapy water and let soak and spend 5 minutes cleaning it when you get home.

If you have a greenstar, then buy one of these type things to make the juice last:
[www.vitalityplus1.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2007 01:17AM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 30, 2007 01:27PM

I don't know about keeping a blended smoothie overnight. I have started making smoothies and am becomming hooked on them. I use a oster blender that has some power. I have been blending greens in my smoothie and I love it. My favorite so far is strawberrie and spinach. I like mango also but they take a while to cut up. I just went to a vegetable store and got some local berries that were frozen so I have blueberries, strawberries and rasberries in the freezer ready to go. I would suggest getting the items for your smoothie ready the night before and blend them just before you head off for work. I would just rinse the blender out and fill it with water to soak till you got home and enjoy the smoothie while you drive to work.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: September 30, 2007 04:45PM

You could make popsicles out of your smoothies, but popsicles might take a long time to eat.

What I would do to avoid clean up in the morning,is make ice cream using frozen bananas, frozen strawberries and whatever smoothie things you like to add, and package it in serving sized containers of about 1c and then refreeze it. It's a little tougher to eat when it has been refrozen, I have to use a fork, but it's worth it because I don't have to make it every single time I want ice cream. You could make a whole week of breakfasts at one time this way really easily.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 01, 2007 01:00AM

ive used smoothies from the night before and saved tem for a few days .. as far as im concerned they are certainly better fresh but a day old smoothie is still better then a egg mcmuffin !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables