Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

books that discuss transition/physical effects?
Posted by: Peony ()
Date: September 29, 2007 03:50AM

Hi there - just wondering if you all would post your favorite book(s) that talk about the transition to raw, how your body may react.. (yes, I am one who recently asked about bloating) :-)

I have almost all the raw uncook books out there, but none really go into the other physical/emotional issues and give good tips for making a slower transition to 100% raw. I was 100% raw for about 9 months, about a year ago, but slid back into some cooked stuff. Now, I am struggling a bit more physically this time around and it's confusing me. (Not to mention frustrating because I am SO ready to get back on this horse!) My issues: bloating - more so as the day progresses, gnawing pain in the belly button region, a feeling of needing to eat, not being satisfied, etc.) Anyway - sorry to babble but any thoughts or suggestions for reading would be greatly appreciated. I was looking at Matt Monarch's Raw Spirit online, anyone know much about this book?

Thanks a bunch!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: books that discuss transition/physical effects?
Posted by: Peony ()
Date: September 29, 2007 04:11AM

Sorry - I've reposted on the appropriate forum. I thought I was on the general talk forum! If the moderator sees this you can delete if you'd like!

Re: books that discuss transition/physical effects?
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 29, 2007 04:14AM

I like Matt's book and I'm looking forward to his new one called "Raw Success" that is coming out soon. It helped to fill in the gaps that I felt some of the other books left out.

I think this book would be good [www.amazon.com]. The Raw Food Detox Diet talks about transition a lot and how to do it gradually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables