Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what does living RAW really entail
Posted by: veganicity ()
Date: October 08, 2007 08:40PM

Ok, so im thinking i'll start dehydrating instead of cooking but when i look at all the recipes they seem to all require so long in the dehydrator. So if you were to try to save on electricity (because surely 12 hours uses up a great deal of electricity) and make a whole batch of whatever at once then when you come to eat them they will be cold wont they?! Is that what happens - do you all eat your food cold, or do you have hot food? When refering to living raw, i just thought it meant not cooking at high temperatures, but does it actually mean eating cold?! Brrrr - doesnt sound very cosy!

Ive heard you can make cereal bars and burgers etc - can you make this without a deydrator? Or is this an esential feature in all the cookbooks. Just seems so much electricity - cant get my head around it! Im not interested really in making snacks and banana chips, i just wanted to replace my oven with a dehydrator for obvious health reasons, but i want it to do the job - so if i was to make a vegan casserole, id expect it to warm at least and not cold!

Um - just confused as confused can be - must take you guys days to prepare one meal doesnt it? I just dont know if id want to spend so long in the kitchen.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what does living RAW really entail
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 08, 2007 08:56PM

I eat raw vegan and I don't own a dehydrator. I might get one someday. Many raw vegans don't believe in eating dehydrated food as they believe the water in fruits and veggies is the best source of water there is and we are meant to eat them with the water intact.

The reason I might get a dehydrator someday is to make the occasional treat. Raw onion bread sure sounds good. You definitely don't want to make a meal out of dehydrated foods alone. I did buy some raw flax cracker online and I eat them on occasion for a treat. Some people make them in their dehydrator.

Yes, they are eaten at room temperature usually and store for a long time once they are dehydrated.

Re: what does living RAW really entail
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 09, 2007 06:10AM

veganicity

tell u what

u can go to a fruit orchard and or maybe a veggie garden

and pick some leaves
stick it in a bowl
and eat it

or u can just eat it straight

or u can just eat a peach off a tree

it ain't burrrr freeezing

its just right ... nicely ripened by the sun

chow down and stop frettingsmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables