Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Collard, Mustard, and turnip greens?
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: November 03, 2007 10:07PM

Anyone with experience with raw collard, mustard, and turnip greens? I'd like to hear input and/or recipes on these as one of the local farm markets has "organic" greens in these varieties.

Thanks.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Collard, Mustard, and turnip greens?
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: November 03, 2007 11:47PM

I started adding mustard greens to my salads and I cannot believe how good they are. I mixed with spinach and with kale too plus my other vegies. I also made a spinach, avocado, cucumber, arugala, and mustard green smoothie. It could have probably have used some tomato but I had none.

Patty

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: November 04, 2007 01:02AM

I've thought about adding them to smoothies. I know when cooked the collard greens and mustard greens can often have a bitter taste, so I've hesitated to put them into the smoothies as I don't know how that would bring out any more of the bitter or not.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: November 04, 2007 08:44AM

I use collard and kale together in an amazing salad, with avacado and tomato salsa

it is soo good.. they need some breaking down, marinating and allowing to soften up a bit to be easier on digestion but no problems here (ex crohn's sufferer)

smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables