Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw cacao
Posted by: michelle80 ()
Date: November 09, 2007 12:10PM

any advice or recipes for a raw cacao....pulp and/or seeds?

thanks!
michelle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw cacao
Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: December 22, 2007 09:45AM

David wolf and shazzie have a book out dedicated to raw chocalate! It's called 'Naked Chocalate' & has tons of recipies. What kind of food are you looking to make? I usually eat the cacao nibs hand mixed with goji berries.

Posted by: sweetpea ()
Date: January 05, 2008 12:52PM

I love to slice bananas and dip in cacao powder with a little nut cream on the side. Perfection, reminds me of profiteroles.

Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: January 09, 2008 09:57PM

make chocolate balls with any kind of dried fruit, and nuts or seeds and cacao as a base. then add any of the following: coconut shreads, hemp seeds, goji berries, cinamon, vanilla, bee pollen, flax, or anything i've left out that is yummy like that.

choc pudding
young coconut water and meat
cacao
honey or agave
optional soaked cashews
blend

milk shake base
banana
cacao
agave or honey
then add whatever other tasties you have.

add to frozen bananas in the food processor for choc ice cream

you can get real creative if you have cacao butter and coconut oil by making a cheese cake. i made two this week and one for a pitluck yesterday and well, they were all taken care of smiling smiley

Posted by: kris5194 ()
Date: February 26, 2008 05:32PM

Please go to www.rawlife.com and click health articles on the right. Then read the article on raw chocolate before using....very true article!

Date: February 26, 2008 07:53PM

carsick8 would you be willing to share what else has she lied about?? I haven't read any of her books yet but I was thinking of buying them and I certainly don't want to waste money on someone who lies!!!!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 05, 2008 08:15PM

one of my recent favs is raw sesame butter with raw cacao powder and bananas melded into it... maybe a little cinnamon too? spread it on.

Date: March 22, 2008 09:58PM

I made some really nice truffles today using cacao. I put about 1/2 cup of dried coconut into the food processor, added about 2 tablespoons of cacao powder and about 1/2 cup slightly soaked aprictos. Add a little agave to bring it together. Roll into little balls and dip into more cacao powder.

[www.rawlifestyle.co.uk]
Recipes, ebooks, diary

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 31, 2008 12:29AM

I wouldn't take the Paul Nison article as gospel--some of it is silly, like the part about insects. There are insects in *all* of our food that we don't catch, including fresh washed produce. Shazzie did respond to that article in her blog--you'd have to look after the dates that the article was first circulated (since her blog is sooo long), and refuted some things. But basically she said, do it if you enjoy it, don't if you don't. That's fair. She eats it herself, so even if it is unhealthy, I wouldn't say that makes her a liar (she does some other things I don't agree with--but it doesn't make her a liar).

Date: April 26, 2008 10:46AM

I've got a nice chocolate cheesecake recipe at my blog

[www.rawlifestyle.co.uk]
Recipes, ebooks, diary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables