Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new to raw and was wondering if anyone can help me get started on a menu
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 12, 2007 04:36AM

im new to raw and have no idea what to buy and how to get started can anyone help me with recipes and basic munu

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new to raw and was wondering if anyone can help me get started on a menu
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 12, 2007 03:03PM

well first off .. what are your current cooked favorites? smiling smiley do you like italian? mexican? french? portugese? know what i mean?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2007 05:48AM

honestly i eat everything, italian, mexican, chinese

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 14, 2007 12:14AM

ok so take italian for example

you can make pretty much any italian sauce in a raw form and pour it on sliced , spiraled or chunked zuchini or other veggies

same with mexi .. chinese etc.

go to www.goneraw.com .. you can find just about anything there smiling smiley

good luck !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Livin2 ()
Date: November 19, 2007 11:13PM

Welcome to raw living foods!

When I first started raw and was in need of recipes, I went to, www.youtube.com at the top right corner type in, Raw Foods or Raw Foodist. You will find many things there and your able to watch them make it! That was the best for me!
Blessing!

Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: January 03, 2008 01:52PM

If you buy and read Natalia Rose's book "Raw Food Detox Diet" you will find VERY EASY and SIMPLE menu plans for whichever level you are and the recipes are soooo easy, simple and delicious!

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: January 03, 2008 10:04PM

Some very easy recipes!

'Burrito' + Mixed Fillings

Guacamole- Mash 1 avocado, some onion, 1 clove garlic, juice of 1/2 a lime, sea salt, fresh coriander (cilantro), pinch of cayenne pepper

Salsa- Mash 2 tomatoes, some onion, 1 chilli, sea salt

Marinated Mushrooms- Make a marinade of cold pressed olive oil, nama shoyu, a few cloves of minced garlic, and a generous amount of fresh, chopped thyme. Slice your mushrooms thin or into small cubes and mix in the marinade. Leave overnight.

Sour Cream/Cheese- Blend soaked macadamia nuts (or raw cashews), touch of lemon juice, sea salt

Serve the filling(s) in rolled up leaves of romaine lettuce. Just guacamole and salsa taste awesome together and take literally a few minutes to make!

-----

Gazpacho

Blend 3 tomatoes, 1 red pepper, half to 3/4 of a cucumber, small amount of fresh chilli, 2 celery sticks, onion, mixed italian herbs (parsley, thyme, basil) 1 Tsp olive oil into a soup and chill.

-----

Veg-Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce

Spiralize (or, use a potato peeler to slice into thin strips) 2 courgettes or 2 carrots

Blend or mash- 2 diced ripe red tomatoes, 1 diced red pepper, 1 tbs olive oil, sea salt, mixed herbs, 2 finely chopped black olives (if available), 6 finally chopped sundried tomatoes (marinated in olive oil), and 2 sliced green salad onions (scallions / spring onions)

-----

Spicy Marinated Vegetables

Blend 4 tbs olive oil, green salad onions, garlic, nama shoyu, lime juice, fresh chilli, and a spicy seasoning such as Jamaican Jerk (check ingredients to make sure it is 100% natural spices without added nasty ingredients). Aside from the olive oil, add the ingredients little by little to get the right taste. Too much lime, nama shoyu or seasoning will make it too sour.

Finely slice mushrooms, courgettes and peppers and mix them into the mixture. You can also mix in cherry tomatoes. Cover and marinate for 1 hour and dehydrate until warmed through, or marinate for 4+ hours and eat as it is with salad.

-----

Sweet (But Green!) Smoothie

Blend 1/2 pineapple, 1 banana, and handfuls of spinach, kale, parsley etc

-----

Papaya & Banana Dessert

Blend 1 papaya with 1 or 2 bananas + a couple of ice cubes (if you want it cold).

-----

For menu planning, I find it easier to write out the days of the week and work out what days I'm working/away from fresh food and plan from there (that way, you can have a mega green smoothie or fruit salad for breakfast and remember to take/buy a salad, and some fruit for lunch and can plan a more 'in-depth' dinner for when I know I can be home in the kitchen).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables