Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

health FOOD shopping LIST
Posted by: Alkalarian ()
Date: December 12, 2007 07:46AM

hi there,

i am a HUGE fan of alkaline recipes and foods, and i compiled a list of healthy foods which typically stock my fridge:

Legumes:
Adzuki, Black, Black-eyed, Cranberry, Garbanzo, Kidney, Lentils, Mung, Pinto

Refrigerated:
Borage Oil, Fresh salsa (no vinegar), Flax seed oil, Hummus, Sprouted Wheat Tortillas

Produce:
Avocado, Beets, Bell peppers, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard, Cucumber, Dark lettuce, Eggplant, Garlic, Herbs (fresh), Jicama, Kale, Leeks, Lemon, Lime, Onion, Parsley, Red, New potatoes, Spinach, Squash, Tomato, Zucchini

Nuts/Seeds:
Almonds, Brazil nuts, Flax seeds, Filberts, Macadamia nuts, Pecans (seasonal), Pine nuts, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Walnuts (seasonal), *all nuts/seeds should be raw and unsalted

Freezer:
Boca burgers (vegan), Manna bread (Sun seed or Whole Wheat)

Salts:
Bragg’s Amino Liquid, Sea Salt, Real Salt Brand

Enjoy!

Regards,
Mel

Alkaline Food / Green Food Chart With pH Scale

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: health FOOD shopping LIST
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: December 13, 2007 02:01AM

How do you stock up on almonds when they're all pasturized now?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 14, 2007 12:04PM

hi alkarian

i usually have what u have in the produce section of your list minus the chard, eggplant ,leeks, carrots and potatoes.. the others i do get.. ( jicama is once in a while.. though it is nice blended in a food processor.. actually tastes "sweet" no kidding...

Alkaline gets an A on my list smiling smiley

Posted by: emiliab ()
Date: December 30, 2007 10:41PM

thanks for that amazing list!

Date: January 03, 2008 07:20AM

hi emiliab,

you are very welcome :-)

Mel

Date: January 28, 2008 05:46AM

did anyone cook something special with the stuff of that list?

i am interested in the recipes...

regards, Mel

Posted by: LaPieta ()
Date: January 31, 2008 02:36AM

LikeItorNot,
You can still get raw almonds online or directly from farmers, although I haven't tried it yet myself. See this discussion...

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Supposedly steaming almonds doesn't stop them from sprouting, and that's why they are allowed to be labelled raw. I wonder if anyone has tried sprouting steamed almonds?

Here's a couple sites I found online for raw almonds. I still have some raw almonds left over from before the law took effect so I've never purchased anything from these sites and can't vouch for them.

[rawfromthefarm.com]
[wholesale-almonds.com]

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: January 31, 2008 09:08PM

I just bought 10# of almonds from Anderson Almonds. They are organic and raw and delicious!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 02, 2008 10:40AM

Hi,
Organic food production is based on a system of farming that maintains and replenishes the fertility of the soil. Organic foods are produced without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. Organic foods are minimally processed to maintain the integrity of the food without artificial ingredients, preservatives or irradiation.

Organic food really tastes better than other food. Natural and organic food not only tastes better than mainstream supermarket fare. It can also serve as a "supplement" to your health insurance policy, protecting you from developing heart and lung disease, Alzheimer's disease, a weakened immune system and inflammatory diseases like arthritis. For more information on organic food, products and environmental issues, …read more about organic food...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables