Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dried fruit
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 10, 2008 12:28AM

hello, i was wondering if there was some way to make like a fruit leather type snack in the dehydrator? i used to love them when i ate SAD, but was wondering if i could like blend some fruit and then pour it into the dehydrator to harden and then slice. just an idea. im not even sure if thats how fruit leathers are even made. thanks a bunch if you all can cure my craving

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dried fruit
Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 10, 2008 11:24PM

Fruit leather isn't hard to make raw. Just blend your fruit up, and lay out the mash on sheets in the dehydrator. The only really challenging thing is deciding what to spread the mash on. The ideal thing would be some kind of flexible teflex or silicone sheets with ridged edges to keep really liquidy mash from running off the sides while it's still damp. I don't have any with raised edges, so I have to be careful about that. I don't recommend making fruit leather in a pan that isn't flexible, because you'll have difficulty getting it off the bottom when done (I guess you could line with wax or parchment paper - I haven't tried it).

If you juice fruit you could dehydrate the leftover pulp, but it won't be as flavorful because so much flavor will have escaped with the juice.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 11, 2008 04:50AM

Date: February 12, 2008 07:54AM

thanks guys. i guess i need to buy some teflex or silicon sheets so that i will have an easier time hydrating them. ill check out those websites too. thanks

Date: February 12, 2008 08:00AM

i dont know why i didnt think that nutrients would be lost when fruit is dehydrated. maybe my idea of fruit leathers will be a special treat when i make sure to consume all daily nutrients and vitamins thorugh fresh fruits and veggies

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables