Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

coconuts
Posted by: stoner ()
Date: February 15, 2008 04:42PM

Does anyone know a good recipe that uses coconut water or the meat of the coconut?
I am amazed with them right now and want to try new things.
Thanks

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: coconuts
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: February 15, 2008 04:56PM

You could roll banans in a mixture of crushed nuts, coconuts and liquid sweetner such as honey or agave.

Another could be dates or date/nuts ball rolled in coconut & liquid sweetner.

Smoothies & beverages can be great with coconuts. i.e. strawberry/coconut; pineapple/coconut.

Wishing you vibrant health

Posted by: frances ()
Date: February 15, 2008 06:14PM

I made a banana coconut cream pie once that was delicious. I don't have all the details with me at work, but for the filling I basically food-processed the meat from some young coconuts and some bananas into a filling which went into an almond-based pie shell. The filling also had some pitted dates (well-soaked for blend-ability) and maybe some vanilla.

If you haven't made a nut-based pie crust before, it's really simple. Soak the nuts if you plan to. Food process the nuts into a meal, then slowly add either well-soaked dates or agave nectar to create a sticky, sweet dough. I've seen recipes that call for a teaspoon of salt, but it's not necessary and that's basically it. Put the dough directly into a non-metal pie plate and push it into a pie crust shape.

I've had raw recipes completely ruined by using metal cookware. They seem to interact with it a lot more than the things I used to cook. Dry dates are great, but a good, long soak is really vital if you want them to blend up smoothly.

Date: February 15, 2008 09:19PM

I use the meat to make noodles for my raw paad thai smiling smiley

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables