Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

just went to a raw cafe
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 25, 2008 08:03PM

Hey all, I went to the vita organics cafe in london.., it wasnt entirely raw i.. but it was all organic and it was all delicious.

Anyway, they had a menu of stuff that was cooked no higher than 48C.. but one of the dishes i had from the buffet was noodles... and they were not vegetable noodles, they were a kind of 'wholegrain-looking' noodles in a black bean sauce. Well, they were delicious.. so i was wondering if anyone knows what they were and if its possible they were raw?? they may have been buckwheat? i really have no idea, but im thinking... if theres a 'raw' noodle recipe out there.. that enables you to make a raw noddle dough and then cook the noodles at a very low temperature??

Or am i just chasing after something impossible here? lol ..i just really love pasta...

abix

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: just went to a raw cafe
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 26, 2008 02:10PM

I have no idea what that could have been but I think young coconut cut into noodles is the best.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 28, 2008 06:38AM

hi amooba

someone said that kelp noodles ( which looks just like noodles) are raw

i'm not sure though maybe other people can pipe in

seems there are dissenting views

but pakd4fun has a good idea

i saw lot of pics where there were noodles made out of cut coconut strips

a nd people would flavor it with peanut sauce like peanut, garlic, chile , sesame oil and then sprinkle with scallions

something like that

if u like noodles

maybe that wouuld be a good transition

personally, i don' tknow how they cut the coconut meat so neatly

i just scrape it out with a spoon

i guess i could cut it using a knife or scissors

depends how thick it is htough

sometimes its really soft

otheritmes i iguess it could be cut

Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: March 28, 2008 06:13PM

Pakd4fun - How do you cut them into noodles? Some kind of equipment tool? Thanks!

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: April 12, 2008 09:12PM

ksandberg,

what is that a photo of? is beautiful.

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: April 13, 2008 11:36PM

Hello! Growing up in an italian home I grew up eating pasta and that was definatly one of the foods I missed while transitioning to the living food diet. There are several different ways to make noodles using veggies or coconut. Most people will recommend the Saladacco/Spiral Slicer for making stuff like zucchini and squash pasta, but I never could get the darned thing to work! and ended up getting a 'Turning slicer' which shreds the vegetable into angel hair pasta and is really easy to use. Ofcourse you could also slice clean, unpeeled zucchini into ribbons, using a vegetable peeler, and turning the zucchini as you go. If your lucky you might also be able to find kombu noodles which are made of sea weed and cooked but very nutritious. Sea speghetti is another pasta like food which looks just like pasta and is raw but has a very strong sea weed flavor to it that I could not get rid of no matter what I sauced it with. Good luck!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 17, 2008 06:29PM

That's Jacksonville, Fl and the St. Johns River. About 90 minutes from me.

Posted by: sweetpea ()
Date: April 26, 2008 10:46AM

That's great, we just got our first raw cafe in Scotland over in Edinburgh and there are plans to open one up in Glasgow. It would be so good to go out for a celebration and have a proper place to eat.

[www.rawlifestyle.co.uk]
Recipes, ebooks, diary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables