Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tahini recipe.
Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: April 10, 2008 04:49PM

Does anyone have a recipe to make raw tahini? I know it should be fairly simple but nothing I've made quite tastes like what comes out of a raw tahini jar.

Thanks! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tahini recipe.
Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: April 12, 2008 09:10PM

I like my homemade raw tahini better than what comes out of a jar! I can't make it "go liquid" but I grind it up either in a large food processor or small coffee grinder to get it "fine" and then add that dry to my homemade hommus, and it works great and is a LOT less expensive (and less rancid) than the premade tahinis.

I have also run the HULLED sesame seeds through the large food processor and then slowly added a little olive oil and a little water to make it more liquidy. That works fine too, and it lasts in the refrigerator for up to one month.

Re: Tahini recipe.
Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: April 12, 2008 09:11PM

P.S. I used to use sesame seeds that still had the hulls on them because of the extra calcium and because it was cheaper too, but since learned that there is a lot of oxalic acid in the hulls, and being someone trying to ix-nay the arthritis I don't want the oxalic acid at all...!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables