Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

To quit or no?
Posted by: jdc5390 ()
Date: June 11, 2006 03:13AM

I'm a 16 year old teenager and live in miami, i hide the things i do except eating raw eggs which my grandma said she used to do but i should be careful and leave it lemon at least(never have)

Anyways im always craving raw meat idk why i love it like raw turkey breast, raw hamburger meat and the other day i cooked up a steak chewed a little and spit it out, it sucks and i LOVED meat idk but is this bad should i go back to normal?? PLease help idk if im too young to be doing this

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To quit or no?
Posted by: sredrose12 ()
Date: June 11, 2006 12:43PM

Well, generally meat is a bad idea. There are so many added hormones in meat (even when it's cooked) that it isn't healthy. But raw meat can carry all kinds of diseases and parasites. Think of it this way-- whatever was in that cow's blood will be in yours. If the cow had some kind of disease, you'll get it. If the cow had worms, you'll get them, too. Raw eggs are dangerous, too-- ever heard of salmonella?? Comes from chickens.

Raw is a good thing when it comes to fruits and vegetables. Not meats-- then raw can be deadly. My advice is to just give up meat altogether, but that might not be right for you. Try organic meats, if you have to eat meat, but don't eat them raw.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 12, 2006 10:14PM

-You are young - but not too young to do the research & make some decisions. Although I personally do not eat meat (raw or otherwise!) - I would encourage YOU to find out what you think.....and try to follow through on it as much as possible.

-David Mason

Posted by: jdc5390 ()
Date: July 13, 2006 11:19PM

i eat grass-fed meats, from local farm Im never sick in fact i'm the healthiest one in my family, i strongley contribute that to my veggie comsumption and my raw eggs(natures perfect food) -- mercola.com

The grass-fed meat is much more expensive but its worth it because there fed a diet they should be just like us, they have omega-3 more than fish
And there less susceptible to worms by like a 1000 percent. If you start out slow your body gets used to the bacteria. Like the first time i did eggs it didnt fill me up like usually when cooked so i ate 5 worked out and i had bad gas like for a long time LOL! anyways now i can eat up 6 no problem. First time i tried raw meat I LOVED it kinda like addicted to it, it was strange but later on i was sweating and i felt my metabolism rise so much plus no stomach problems.
I know some cultures that just eat raw meats no fruits and veggies like the eskimoes and some just eat raw meat,blood and milk like some african tribes when these are the most healthiest people on the planets. I read MERCOLA.COM
and he says some people thrive on protein and fats while others thrive on carbs.

I guess the people that feel great on fruits are "carb-types"
and those like me do well on meats and fats
my favorite fruits are avocados and coconut

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables