Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Raw Fooder
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 08, 2008 12:02AM

Hello,

I am new here and have been transitioning very slowly to raw/living foods for about a month now. I feel good but not great. I know it will take some time. I am morbidly obese (5' 1 3/4" - 245 lbs.) but I do walk and exercise a little. I am pretty tired most of the time so I know that I need to add more raw fruits to my diet to experience the wonderful boost in energy that I keep reading about.

I just bought the book 80/10/10 and started reading it a couple of days ago. Any suggestions you can make to help with my transition would be helpful. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Raw Fooder
Date: May 08, 2008 12:41AM

Welcome!

I know for me that having some steamed veggies every now and then,with buttery spread and some herbs and spices,allows my transition to be a bit more manageable.

Brian

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 08, 2008 01:25PM

Check out rawreform.com. Angela Stokes lost something like 160 lbs. on a raw foods diet and talks about the emotional struggles and other things relating to ending obesity with raw foods. If I eat raw sushi rolls with raw nori, lettuce, bean sprouts, a little soy sauce and spice and some avocado, or a raw soup with miso, spirulina, avo, spice and bean sprouts, I feel like I just had a big, cooked meal, and my energy levels stay high. Also, get support, through this website, at your local health foods store -- maybe they have a bulletin board where you can find or host a raw foods potluck. This is how I met my raw food friends where I live. Goos luck!

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: May 09, 2008 05:04AM

will you start a journal or a blog? i would love to read about your journey.

if you want some advice from an emotional food addict it is if you are going to eat overt fats eat them with tons and tons of greens because at least for me they are very addicting. fats always trick me into feeling grounded, when they really don't. they really just make me feel tired when what my body i think is really looking for is a ton of greens.

that works for me anyway.

where are u from?

Date: May 09, 2008 10:44PM

I've heard the best way is to just jump in fully and live 100% raw..even if you are 90% raw the 10% leads you to temptation and you may overeat cooked foods. It's hard to overeat when you're raw and the pounds will just melt off.
Try reading Living on Live Foods by Alissa Cohen. Her book answers every question you could possibly have and provides great and easy recipes! Something about the way she wrote about the diet in her book just clicked with me. 100% Raw is the only way to go! smiling smiley Amy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables