Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

2nd time around....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 14, 2008 04:23PM

Last fall I went raw for about 3 weeks, but some life circumstances led me back to a SAD diet. Now, I'm going full-force ahead and aside from 3 days of being off track I have been about 90% raw since the first of May.

My biggest challenge right now is ignoring the looks and laughs of those around me. My coworker calls me "Rawgan" (original, huh?) and laugh at me when I sit at my desk snacking on fruit or raw nuts. My current (soon-to-be-former) roommate shakes her head in dismay and says "that's just not balanced--it's NOT HEALTHY!" My mother freaks out about my protein levels and my friends get frustrated that I can't go out to eat and share meals with them. The list goes on and on.

However, I am determined to keep this up. I have experienced so many benefits to raw foods even in the short periods I've done it. I have Candida problems that disappear on raw foods, I have more energy, lose weight...and I can't wait to see the benefits that come from a longer exposure to raw foods.

Right now I'm eating very simply--I don't own a juicer or dehydrator and since I'm in the process of moving my food processor is packed away. I find myself eating salad, fruit or a handful of nuts for most meals. I hope to try some recipes once I get into my new apartment.

On a more personal side, I'm 24 years old and live in Western Kentucky--not a raw resturant or a decent health food store in sight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2nd time around....
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 14, 2008 08:35PM

Welcome Lynie! Keep the benefits you are experiencing in the front of your mind and ignore the naysayers because the proof is in the new you! Do you have farmers markets? Some of the regular grocery stores are starting to offer more organic choices also. Can you plant a garden? You can also get some non-perishable raw foods online (do a Google search). Good luck!
Sundancer

Posted by: greensatva ()
Date: May 15, 2008 04:33AM

Hi LynieD, Sundancer and everyone!smiling smiley

LynieD! I'm sorry to hear your friends and family aren't supporting you with your raw lifestyle. I'm omnivorous, but I plan to transform my life to my own customised MIXTURE of the Raw Living foods Lifestyle, and the Symbiotic Raw Vegan Lifestyle. I wrote something in another message, pertaining to your situation as well, so I'll copy+paste it, and comment more:

I've been reading around though, and I notice that CRAVINGS are a major issue with this lifestyle. I know you all have GREAT intentions, by feeding your body with the right food, but willpower shouldn't be used as a crutch. Don't you want it to be NATURAL, INSTINCTUAL, AUTOMATIC? Instead of struggling to maintain it, falling off it, feeling down and guilty, then jumping back on again, fearfully awaiting the next fall?

There is a group of raw foodists who never have to worry about cravings, because they have "re-programmed" their bodies (by cleansing the colon, gradually over about a 12 month period, and having 3 to 5 lb. of healthy aerobic bacteria in the intestines...), and now SAD junk food actually is REPULSIVE to them! SAD food tastes salty, bitter or rancid to them, so - NO slipping back to SAD!

They are SYMBIOTIC Raw Vegan Foodists. I don't think they're vegan though; they still eat animal...! They're quite different. Check out their following websites:

www.blindguru.com and www.rawfoodadvantage.com

Some things on the sites are erroneous, like them saying that The Raw Living Foods lifestyle is a SCAM...(LIES!) Among other things, but the truth that is there is edifying and good! I've sifted the truth from them and I'm in the process of contacting the webmaster or some authority figure to set the facts straight - and have only TRUTH there.

I've learned a valuable lesson through researching the transformation I'm about to begin, and it is: Humbly enduring the harsh, hurtful words of those who ridicule you. Forgive them, for they are obviously ignorant of the lifestyle and the values of truth on which it stands. LOVINGLY show and teach them about it - ONLY if they ASK, (and if they honestly want to KNOW about it - not if they are trying to start a fight!) and most importantly: Live by EXAMPLE. When they notice that you don't get sick, have any dis-eases, and have remarkable health, joy and vitality, they WILL apologise and come begging on their knees for you to reveal your secret! Keep the faith! Be positive about it. I know you'll be fine!

Great advice Sundancer! This is a great site!

Love, Good Health, and God bless you!
~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: May 18, 2008 08:22AM

this is my second time around as well, and i know how difficult it can be. i have to heard the comments of this diet not being healthy, and not being able to socialize and eat meals with others. don't give up, i know temptations can get extremely strong and sometimes unbearable. like now, i really really want taco bell and some ice cream drumsticks that my boyfriend is now taunting me with right now. good luck

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 18, 2008 01:19PM

Hey LynieD! The above comments are great.

-It always amazes me to hear people talking about 'going raw' or 'not raw'. EVERYONE is ALWAYS on the raw spectrum SOMEWHERE! There is always SOME level of fresh, raw plant food that even the WORST eaters are eating - whether it's 1%.......5% or whatever. So EVERYONE is a 'raw foodist' to some degree. The only question/difference is that a 'raw foodist' has taken those unconscious behaviors and set some conscious goals.

So: It is impossible to 'leave' or 'fall off the wagon'. A person CAN fail at THEIR goals....but then that teaches the person to improve their goal-setting ability and actuation-ability. This is the REAL skill (the external skill of learning to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables is really not THAT hard). Heh...heh.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 18, 2008 02:47PM

Good point DZM! It's really encouraging to have that mindset -- that we are all raw foodists to some degree and that we cannot really fall off the wagon. I think it is important to listen to our bodies as we embark on this journey rather than beating ourselves up. My goal is to be 100% raw because my body feels great when I do so, but I'm not there yet (70-80%). But as I pay attention to which foods energize me (all the raw ones) and which foods bother me (potatoes drain me, wheat upsets my digestion, etc.) I find myself more effortlessly eating a higher percentage of living foods, and I feel better physically as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables