Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need diabetic raw food advice
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 09, 2008 06:43PM

I made some raw veggie rolls with raw cashews last night, cut up a peach and two small pieces of watermelon for his dinner. It seemed to work great because when he went to bed his BG was 145, but when he got up, his BG was 240.

We started him on his raw food diet 3 days ago because his MD wanted him to go on insulin. We are trying to avoid that, and hopefully get his diabetes kicked. He's been having rollercoaster readings since starting the diet.

Does he need to knock out the fruit all together?

Two weeks prior to starting the diet, he started feeling really bad, he started taking glipizide 3 months ago. He went to his doctor last week which is when he told him he might think about starting insulin injection. The reason we started him on the raw diet 3 days ago was because he had an episode, i.e. headache, fatigue, stomach ache, dizziness, etc. and couldn't go to work. It was bad enough he got pretty worried. We put him on the diet immediately.

He and my boyfriend both noticed they fall asleep fast and sleep really hard, so something is working, "definitely a difference" noticed by all. So it's working.

Does anyone have dietary suggestions for me to try? Does it take longer for some diabetics to get results? Do I need to cut out the fruit too? Perhaps change the type of fruit?

Thanks for any advice!
Flip

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need diabetic raw food advice
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: September 11, 2008 12:58AM

Im getting this movie for my dad, he has diebetis.
[www.youtube.com]
The link above is the trailer.
here is the link where you can buy the DVD.
Fruit stabilizes sugar levels.
fruit sugar is not the same sugar as TABLE sugar!
fruit sugar has the kind of sugar our bodies
know how to use and break down.
I hope this helps you!
My mom has been eating mostly fruit for over a month and has lost 33 lbs.
And she feels so much better!

Re: Need diabetic raw food advice
Posted by: LeslieRaw ()
Date: September 15, 2008 05:22AM

It wouldn't hurt to limit the fruit to 1-2 servings a day. Quit all animal products.

also, read up on "food combining"

simply put,

only eat fruit alone

don't eat carbohydrates with protein or fat

eat less protein

apples can be combined with vegetables

aw, shucks, I'm not an expert on this.

read "fit for life" for the food combining rules.

I would highly recommend the "epiphany diet" that is all raw, fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, and "monomeals" that is eating only one food at a time, by itself. eat whatever your body wants. It's an amazing diet, and I did it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables