Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Current Page: 2 of 28
Re: Pictures of you!
Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: January 11, 2007 01:25AM

The message I wrote was to coconutcream, I just wrote Coco for short. Sorry, Janice

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 11, 2007 01:43AM

brian1cs, you have to use an image hosting site like photobucket and copy and paste the image link.

well, i knew that first post to coco wasn't for me 'cause i didn't have any pictures up yet!

he is a cutie-pie isn't he? can't wait to see what this next little being will look like. prolly just like us, hee!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2007 01:45AM by coco.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: January 11, 2007 02:20AM

Brian

Date: January 11, 2007 02:21AM

thanks,Coco

Posted by: samina ()
Date: January 11, 2007 03:46AM

what great pics! good to see your faces again, narz & coco!

Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 11, 2007 04:24AM

Here I am!

It's fun seeing all the faces.

Love,
Uma

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2007 04:25AM by uma.

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 11, 2007 12:42PM

Here it goes smiling smiley

At a vitarian meeting with fellow vitarian'ka winking smiley :

..Some early "raw" vitarian power(raw= untrained)

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: January 12, 2007 09:55AM

Thanks Ian!

Witarianin - I never heard of a vitarian but I see a map of Eroupe on the wall so it must be a European term.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2007 10:02AM by tropical.

Posted by: Witarianin ()
Date: January 12, 2007 01:23PM

smiling smileysmiling smiley
Shure is.

Vitarian i believe is official.
Witarian(in) is a variation of it, in a middle of europe winking smiley)

While [www.raw4life.com] has a definition.. it seems idealistic/ or maybe it's just ME smiling smiley
I think vitarian = raw, just like nature gives it. no processing. no animal byproducts.

..but maybe there's more to it.

pics taken during a retreat in a jar there's visible coconut, sesame milk, that afterwards became butter, and leftovers the main ingredient of a dill dip poured over soaked lentils.. i can almost smell it.. fresh lempn, dill, sesame, coconut...

Free, Open source.Healthysmiling smiley
F.E.A.R. is
an acronym that stands for, False Evidence Appearing Real
F.A.I.T.H. - the First Attribute IN Thoughtful
Health

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 12, 2007 06:16PM

Vitarian, that is cool, never heard of that..is that just like a raw foodist or a living foodist

Date: January 12, 2007 08:14PM

How can I post a picture that I have on a file on my computer?

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: January 12, 2007 08:21PM

I go to photobucket and then I click browse and I go to my pics and click on one I want then I click upload and it uploads it to photobucket then I just go to bottom one with image stuff on it and copy and paste it here and it shows up as a pic smiling smiley

I hope this helps you out some smiling smiley

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: January 12, 2007 08:25PM

wow so many beautiful vibrant healthy looking people on here smiling smiley Its a really good inspiration for why we should live this way smiling smiley

Date: January 12, 2007 10:40PM

how about you sing? got any photos?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 13, 2007 12:09AM

singinraw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow so many beautiful vibrant healthy looking
> people on here smiling smiley Its a really good inspiration
> for why we should live this way smiling smiley

Those are the people who are most likely to post their pics.

There are lots of unhealthy looking raw foodists here:
[www.uforeality.com]

I don't think it's a good idea to overdo it. Some of them are way way way too thin and way way way too wrinkled for their ages.

Date: January 13, 2007 12:30AM

Arugula,
you are really insensitive.Also,if anything's being overdone,it's your mile long posts.
Brian

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: January 13, 2007 12:34AM

You sound great singinraw. I hope things are going good for you.

Date: January 13, 2007 01:24AM

hey brian, did you look at those pictures? there really are some overly thin, spindly, unhealthy looking people there. i agree with arugula, while the picture of you is certainly hearty and healthy looking, not everyone looks so great on the raw diet. that could be for any number of reasons but my point is that if someone here happens to look not as terrific as the people who are so willing to quickly throw up pics of themselves, they shouldn't judge their progress by it. this diet doesn't work miracles, it can't make you gorgeous and perfect looking. it may be interesting to see what other posters look like but it might also be intimidating for some people. ultimately it should be about how we feel.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 13, 2007 01:42AM

arugula Wrote:
> There are lots of unhealthy looking raw foodists
> here:
> [www.uforeality.com]
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to overdo it. Some
> of them are way way way too thin and way way way
> too wrinkled for their ages.

Sorry, where does it tell you the ages of the people in the photos?

Where does it tell you how long they have been raw, or even if they are raw for that matter (see the guy holding the beer in several photos)

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: January 13, 2007 01:50AM

Coco,
As far as I understand it,the idea originally put forward by Rawrrr was not about people putting pics of themselves to show how good looking they were but about giving a face to the message.We just want to see the people who post here.That's all this is and any other interpretation is erroneous in my view.
Brian

Date: January 13, 2007 07:42AM

Not those pics again. The last time they surfaced the comments got so bad that the thread was deleted. My take on those pics:

The Hippocrates Heath Institute specializes in saving people's lives, people who are dying of cancer and other life threatening illnesses.

SO, I think no matter how thin they look, they look a lot better than this:

I like knowing how to post pics here, now I can illustrate my points!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2007 07:48AM by tropical.

Date: January 13, 2007 08:01AM

i agree about the cancer survivors, they often look like they feel when they are battling that dis-ease. tired and unhealthy.
i gotta tell you though, i worked for a long time in a living foods resource center and i saw so many obviously too thin and sickly people blaming their ill health on "detox" instead of taking the physical message from their bodies that they were doing something wrong. raw does not = healthy, it has to be done right. there was a guy who was drinking so much carrot juice that his skin was yellow! that was trippy, wish i could show you a picture of that!
i knew some really heavy vegetarians too, veggie does not = healthy either. what were they eating? lots of bread and pasta, gross.
you know what though? there are pictures of david wolf and thor so, so super skinny at the beginning. i mean like Really skinny! there must be a way to transition without losing so much weight, maybe slower? they say it's detox but when i lost weight i was a bone rack and SO cold all the time. it sucked. i for sure didn't look all that terrific then. i didn't feel all that great either. it passed but i would have been happy to skip it altogether.

Date: January 13, 2007 08:16AM

Thanks coco, that was interesting.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2007 08:25AM by tropical.

Date: January 13, 2007 09:20AM

brian1cs Wrote:
> Arugula,
> you are really insensitive.Also,if
> anything's being overdone,it's your mile long
> posts.
> Brian

Nope, I am actually pretty sensitive to people wrecking themselves on a diet that is supposed to make them healthier. It happens when people get all religious about the way that they eat.

Most of my posts are short, except when people ask me for references. But I think you mean too pragmatic (realistic and based on repeatable, credible studies rather than nonsense poetry) for you rather than too long.

>Where does it tell you how long they have been raw, or even if they are raw for >that matter (see the guy holding the beer in several photos)

Other sites. I looked. I assume they are telling the truth about their age.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 13, 2007 09:27AM

Warning: Long and may cause yawning.

I thought the same as mentioned above, that some of the people in those pics, may have or had a disease. They all looked happy though, and they are taking a big step in getting healthy. I'm sure a few, atleast, have been healed of ailments, since going raw. Better to be alive and look unhealthy, then to be dead. Maybe that is why they are happy looking, because they are feeling better.

There are a few people, I think look really healthy, one Gabriel Cousens, 65ish, and Juliano has beautiful skin and hair, tho he is thin. I know of others who look healthy as raw foodists, and others who look very unhealthy. I'm not sure why this is, but I have my own personal opinions of possibilities. I personally think not enough muscle from too little protein, will make the skin sag, and not enough nutrients will come out in a persons appearance, eventially. But that's just me, not holy grail..

Date: January 13, 2007 09:45AM

>I personally think not enough muscle from too little protein, will make the skin sag, and not enough nutrients will come out in a persons appearance, eventially.

Most sags (up to 90%) are from UVA. Prolonged, deliberate exposure makes the skin sag. You can see this readily when you expose a mouse to UVA. Wrinkles are from UVB, you can also see this when you expose a mouse to UVB. You can see it in people, too, those who are most highly exposed for a given age tend to be the most wrinkled and sagged.

This paper has action spectra (which wavelengths are responsible and at which intensities) for a variety of adverse skin effects for ultraviolet radiation exposure.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Calorie restriction has been shown to maintain the skin's elasticity compared to those who eat without restraint. So more sags would be expected from more calories. But there is also more subcutaneous fat and greater dermal thickness with more calories.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

So you have to choose when you get older: more sags plus a full face, or less sags with a bony face. Or if you are wealthy and you choose to stay thin, you can get a doctor to put in a dermal filler to make your face look fuller.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: January 13, 2007 10:14AM

Stress can cause wrinkles, as well. I've seen loved ones, after a loss or personal stresses, look older with deeper and new facial lines. Then a year or so later, their faces and lines soften.

It's a long known fact, that the sun causes wrinkles. Just go to Arizona, and look at some of the natives.

I've also seen young anorexics look like wrinkled little old people, so I think wrinkles have various origins.

Date: January 13, 2007 03:16PM

This site will bring you to my picture in Puerto Rico at Anne Wigmore institue. I am on the right. I must say everyone looks radiant and healthy!

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: January 13, 2007 03:32PM

I'm going to return to the topic of the pictures. I think they look great. It gives me hope that one day, I might again gain weight. I can't stand photos of me right now. I look like an AIDS patient because I'm so thin. But I came into being raw due to illness. So I have a lot of toxins to get rid of before my body will be clean enough to put on more weight. From what I'm experiencing, this could take a few more years.

Love the pictures.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 14, 2007 02:44AM

brian 1cs:

u look like that guy that was in that tv series
think it was called CHIPS ( California Highway Patrol)

that Erik Estrada dude

just don't gimme a ticket for pointing that out
b'sides i thought that poncherello guy was sorta guapo

Current Page: 2 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables