Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

environment discourages raw lifestyle
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 25, 2007 06:50AM

To anyone who can lend some advice-
I'm 17, and after much research and sampling, i've decided that raw is the way to go; it makes me feel good, energized, and healthy. but it's been so hard to commit. I've been vegan for a while, and even that gets loads of criticisms from friends and family. i want to be able to live and eat the way i want, but it is SO difficult. if someone could give me some advice on how to go about the situation, or could just provide a little support i would be so greatful! thank you all so much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: environment discourages raw lifestyle
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: February 03, 2007 02:39PM

HIYA!
Posting questions and comments on this board is one idea. Even just reading the threads is a good one for me. If you know of any other vegetarians, ask if they're interested in raw, or at least maybe they could eat with you sometimes. People who disagree can be pretty negative and hurtful. Other than strong determination and not being sensitive to criticism are important.

Hang in there. Please hang in there.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2007 08:53PM

I know exactly how you feel... This is my 6th day 100% raw, though I've been 75-80% raw for about a year now. Making it to 100% is such a difficult jump, especially if you don't feel you've got support from the people around you, and from society as a whole.

I'm finding it so hard, especially when I've had some of the detox symptoms, like a day when I felt nauseous for a few hours and went to lie down. I was detoxing! It was a good thing (thought it didn't feel it) - I didn't need hospital admission!

I'm 18, and though I've been vegetarian and then vegan since I was 6, my family and friends still stress unbearably at meal times. It doesn't help that I got ill about a year ago now. Because my weight plummeted, they labelled me 'sickly' and 'weak', and the pressure for me to eat 'homestyle' cooking and flesh grew.

All I can suggest (well, it's working for me) is using your success as an answer to their worries - show them how great you look and feel, how much energy you have and the delicious diet you're adhering to. That's what another raw vegan told me, and she was right. Even tempt them with your treats.

As for cravings, some amazingly determined raw vegans who've been on all-raw for a long time have told me 'use your new-found vitality as an incentive to carry on 100% raw', and I do, but the temptations are still there. I wish I could ignore them, but I live with non-raw vegans, so it's all around me. I really don't want to eat on my own and never go in the kitchen. I'm relying on my pro-raw vegan friends (some of whom are vegans, but none are raw) and people online there. They give me inspiration when I feel weak.

We can do this yawning smiley)

Posted by: taylor ()
Date: February 04, 2007 03:16AM

hi everyone! it is hard.the other day my daughter and grandsons wanted to go eat at a resturant and of course!what do i eat? some of the crummy fruit?i was not hungry but they had no car. I sat and sipped my water.they ate. i was just happy...as i was.it is hard but it is what we want to do.we want to be healthy and we want to eat right for us.to heck with them.thats what i say.they eat what they want and i get to choose what i want and just cause it is not the norm.does not mean there stuff is good for us,I got so sick eating the normal american diet.I have been raw since this new yr.and i have had to sit in resturants with family and they try to get me to eat bad stuff.i have had mil tempt me with pies and brownies and my daughter-every minute tries to get me to eat more. i am full and happy and fine.i get tired of it all.thank the lord for the support on this site.what is wrong with eating banana's and nuts for breakfast or a green smoothie?chock full of health and vitamins?what is wrong with eating a raw soup for lunch and big raw salad for dinner?that is the ultimate of good healthy eating.i just drink my water and be calm and say "i am fine"...and stick to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables