Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: From Fraser Valley, B.C. -outside Vancouver
Posted by: cricri ()
Date: August 20, 2007 12:33PM

Guys, You are very helpful.

Thank you so much and I hope to meet you when we get there. It's going to be definitely around Vancouver, which is not so much to say. I've just googled for a good map and, here I am, looking for the first time closely at the area.

Mosaica was asking me what I am more interested in - the outdoor activities, hiking, biking, climbing and so on or the cultural life - concerts, museums, social life..The strange thing is that I love to be in a more isolated area and I don't like the stress of driving through a huge city every day. Yet, finding a college teaching job in such a place is not easy. I can teach ESL, English composition, lit (as long as they don't ask for a PhD) or work in a writing center. I'm not sure about the qualifications you need to teach high school ESL (in the US there was some license you needed to have in order to teach high school).

The budget is tight (we come with a loan) so inexpenisve (but still safe) rental is a huge plus. We also come with our daughter who will be about 1 year and a half old. I know, it's not going to be easy at first but I'm used to it.

One more question: what is the system of daycare in Canada? In Romania, if you don't get a sitter there's the public daycare system, for free but far from glamorous.

And no, we don't have anyone around. We have some friends (not too close) in Montreal but there's no way I'm going that up North. I want to be done with the cold winters. My joints and my nerves can't take it any longer.

I can't wait to get there and to meet you all next spring/summer for a raw BBQ.

love,
peace
cricri

love,
peace
cricri

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 21, 2007 04:31PM

cricri there is craigslist here in vancouver just google craigslist and also freecycle which i find AWESOME i have gotten and given so many things over the years

basically people post what they want to give away (must be in working order) and / or what they are looking for

i see TONS of stuff you could furnish your home upon landing here .. some of the stuff might not be great but it will certainly be functional.

as far as the work goes .. my sister and 1 sister in law are both teacher so i will ask them what the ins/and outs are for you ok? smiling smiley

i dont know about daycare as i am a pet person lol .. maybe ask on the main forum smiling smiley

i have a freind a couple cities away that came from romania and she has a son so perhaps i can ask her for you smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: February 06, 2008 12:11AM

Hello to fellow BCers on this list - this is the first day I've been to the meetups forum I think. I'm in Vancouver, BC. cricri, how did your move to BC go?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2008 10:09PM

Sunday, Jun 29 at 5:00 PM — SUMMER BEACH RAW POTLUCK Sunday June 29 Kits - Vancouver (I found the group on www.meetup.com)

Here's a note from your organizer, Amélie…
Organizer:
Amélie "Hi!
Welcome to our Rawfood Potluck meet up!
We are looking forward in meeting you, your family members and/or your friends.
We are now four friendly people who organize the monthly potlucks; please feel free to write to any of us, Chris, Genny, Vivi and myself Amelie.
There is amazing delicious food awaiting to be eaten, RSVP right now for our next event!
In health and joy,
Amelie, Chris, Genny and Vivi

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables