Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mandated by my ancestors...
Posted by: skinnyhippie ()
Date: September 01, 2007 03:34AM

Hi everyone. In two days I will become a raw foodist. I'm going to make sure to do it for at least thirty days. I'd love to do it for all my life. But I can never forsee events, so I'm just making sure of thirty days for now.
How I came about it is a little weird. I was actually doing articles on holistic health for my job. I'd heard about raw foodism before, but never read up on it; I had been thinking, before getting the assignment, that I needed to overhaul my eating habits, because of how they are so drastically affecting my life, and I truly believe the food I eat is making me mentally and physically ill. After reading about raw foodism it just struck a chord in me. It made so much sense. Because of my financial situation and availability of foods, etc. I was going to put it off longer, but something was tugging at me to do it, and I meditated on it a bit. Well, directly after I acknowledged my uncertainty our power went out. (Maybe you heard about it, I heard it made national news.) It was off from Wed. at 7 p.m. until 3 p.m. today. And all it impressed upon me was how electricity should be absolutely unnecessary, especially when preparing food.

The deal was sealed when after distressing about my powerless situation I quite by accident came upon the history of my father's people, who trace back to the Assiniboin Indian tribe. I was thinking about them, how trippy it is to have ancestors that were descendants of the first people on this continent, and I was thinking about how they ate, how they lived. It all came together at once.

It's going to be very difficult for me, and there is little organic food here in this tiny town. I'm going to try to arrange something with a farm about 40 miles away, though, so here's to hoping it works out.

As far as I'm concerned, my name is Deborah, I'm 23, I live in Arizona, and I love to write, read, sew, knit, garden (soon it'll be less than 100 and I can start growing things again) hike, and generally appreciate nature. If ANYONE has any tips they'd care to pass along about transitioning into a raw food lifestyle it'd be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'd just like to get to know you all and make friends here.

Have a wonderful evening, everyone...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mandated by my ancestors...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2007 04:06AM

I'm 20 and I'm just getting started....it's good that you live near a farm. Can't say that for myself...seeing as I live near Dallas, Tx. Anyway, don't know too much about it except that when I eat raw, I feel awesome. My husband and I will be 100% raw by new years but are doing as much as we can now. What's crazy is...the other day...I ate raw all day and had excessive amounts of energy...the next day, I ate 1 bite of brown rice and almost immediately got acid indigestion. Your body cannot do anything with cooked foods; I'm figuring this out more every day. Anyway, hope things go well for you, let me know!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2007 04:12AM

By the way, if you haven't already, I'd recommend that you do a full body cleanse...or at least a colon cleanse. (If you have mucoid plaque lining your colon, even the nutrition from raw food can't be fully absorbed.) I did the 9 day colon cleanse by www.blessedherbs.com ....There are a few different options you can do during the cleanse...I did the most affective. I couldn't eat for 5 days...anything except water and natural apple juice. Every 3 hours during the day you drink this clay powder stuff and it absorbs all the toxins from your body. This might sound horrifying, but I saw stuff come out of me that I never thought possible. I was still eliminating huge amounts of waste on the 5th day!!! Anyway, check it out...I felt a million times better afterwards.

Posted by: greensatva ()
Date: May 11, 2008 03:27AM

Greetings everyone!

I'm not raw yet, but I will be soon! There are lot's of resources out there for us newbies! I even plan to be an organic farmer...etc. It's going to be a wonderful adventure!

Approach life and this "new" "diet" (this lifestyle has been around for decades y'know!) with a positive mentality. Entering a race with a negative mentality means you have been defeated before you've even begun!At www.chidiet.com/blog, get the free Ann Wigmore autobiography ebook :"Why Suffer?"

I recommend research! Google Dr. Ann Wigmore. Go to therawdiet.com and therawdiet.com/evolve.html, www.chidiet.com and www.chidiet.com/blog, www.fredericpatenaude.com...etc. There are lots of raw living foods resources out there! We need to learn about our bodies and proper nutrition, so that we put good things in and not get sick. And LIVE green!

There are no "incurable" dis-eases, we don't get sick for no reason, and sickness is not to be taken lightly as "a part of getting old". We're responsible for our actions, including what we do to our body, and if we have the right nutrition, mental and spiritual attitudes, our bodies will heal itself.

Also, about cancer: go to www.vitaminB17.org, because, cancer is a deficiency disease caused by the lack of vitamin B17. Download the free summary ebook on the site. Learn about the Science of B17 and the politics behind the Medical Drug cartel Industry.

Continue on the path of good health skinnyhippie, southernlover, and all you other raw foodists out there!

Switching to the Raw Living foods lifestyle may be expensive, and tedious at first but I'm certain it will eventually pay for itself, and get easier!You have us!

I want to buy an Omega 8005 Juicer for around $260 (An arm, leg and Kidney! at least now!) But think of it as a lifetime INVESTMENT in your health. No more meds for the rest of your life! Keep the faith! Let's Switch to Raw - for life, eat some organic Apricot Kernels (a good source of B17), and continue on the path of holistic wellbeing!

Southernlover! I'm not at all horrified by your colon cleanse! It is an essential in beginning raw! I want one! It sounds fantastic! I have a greater appreciation for doing a #2 now that I've been contemplating raw and My AdVenture, etc.!

Love, Good Health, and God bless you!
~Greensatva, Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables