Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I need help sticking to this diet!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2006 05:41AM

Hi all!

I really want to stick to a raw foods diet, when I first started I was raw for about two months and lost 20lbs and felt terrific. I wasn't tired or bloated and had plenty of energy. I was thrilled but I fell off the wagon and still haven't been able to get back on. I've since gained all the weight back and though I've tried (and really want to) go 100% raw again I live with my Dad and my bachelor Uncle and my two sons and they love cooked food and eating out. The stuff they eat is the food I was raised on and I love to spend the time together with my family sharing a meal together but I just can't stand the temptation. I really want to lose this weight again and feel like I did before. Please help me! Any suggestions or advice, would be appreciated, if there is an old and wise raw veggie out there who is willing to mentor me I would be so grateful! Thanks and peace to you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need help sticking to this diet!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 11, 2006 01:35AM

Peace to you my friend!

-The fact that you think there is a 'wagon'.....or you think you 'fell' means that you are putting undue pressure on yourself to adhere to some lifestyle that deviates too wildly from what you are presently comfortable with.

-Somewhere between achieving ALL your dreams at once........and completely failing.....you will find YOUR level. Be honest with that and embrace it.

-Write down where you are comfortable. Do some research about what foods and lifestyles you dream are best......and make some small lifetime goals and commitments to achieve them.

-As long as you set a lifetime goal.....and it never stops....then even a failure is just a learning experience. Don't you think?

-If you think raw foods are good - and you are compulsively eating just the opposite.......try to get more good things in your life....and examine your emotions! Did someone hurt you in the past? Your parents? Compulsion means a person is substituting something for love or attention. And since food is not what a person is REALLY looking for deep-down....then they will never get enough of it. THAT's addiction! LOL. It's true!

-Sounds like you are really doing the right thing!\

-What do you think?

-David Mason

Posted by: sabdulsamee ()
Date: May 11, 2006 08:39PM

How much is infinity divided by zero?

sabdulsamee

Date: May 22, 2006 07:16AM

Re: New Raw Vegan Los Angeles
Posted by: lpdinerman (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2006 03:07AM

I have lost weight and I know what you are saying. Where are you? If you are in L.A. Leaf makes it easy. I can give you a few recipes or can you enroll in a raw food prep class. You will get back on the vibe and there will be no bad choices. I have cheated and just plan your raw food and give yourself lots of tasty stuff you will be happy with. Avocados, coconuts, agave and nuts, dates, seaweed paper for bread, california sushi vegi rolls.... You can do it! Do you know how to make a raw tomato sauce? Angel hair pasta out of cucumber or squash? Make yourself feel good again.... you will have all the glory and benefits....You will feel better tomorrow.
My wife Debbie and I started eating Raw in February. Since then we have almost been 100% Raw. I just wanted to make sure you all know about LEAF Cusisine on Washington Blvd in Culver City. To keep this short...Try the Caesars Salad, the Strawberry Moose, the Sub Burger Wrap... Everything at Leaf is amazing and very reasonable. You can email me anytime at lpdinerman@aol.com. I know this is weird but, I own a pizza place on Venice Beach.... But Health is my new main desire. Try Leaf.... I believe eating raw is easy with Leaf.
Larry Parker
www.bigdaddyandsons.com is our pizza web address. Just so you will know who I am. But I believe raw is the best choice and for me... just about my only choice for life and to feel good. Life has been great since our first meal at Leaf.

Newbie shopping list?
Date: June 09, 2006 01:09PM

Hello everyone! I have a friend that has just introduced me on to the raw food lifstyle. She looks like a new person! Not tired, fibromyalsia and depression a thing of the past. I am turning 50 in a few weeks and want to finally get healthy. I have arthritis, need to lose 20 lbs, have had breast cancer (may again - waiting for test results) am constantly tired, and on Effexor for depression. Now for my question, is there a basic shopping list for those who are new to raw? Thanking you in advance.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 10, 2006 01:14AM

-There are many varieties of fruits and vegetables out there. Your best bet is to be honest about the level of raw food that you ARE comfortable with now....and simply set small goals to stretch and increase 1-2% per week. Eventually you'll achieve escape velocity.

-A basic shopping list would include plenty of greens & fresh veggies for salads....a wide selection of your favorite raw nuts. Pick up a variety of the fresh fruit that you LOVE.

-None of it has to be terribly complicated....but YOU'LL have to decide what is satisifying and comfortable to you.

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables